keeper suggestions

JScott

Administrator
To extend that a little further personally I would keep my keepers as close to the vest as possible as long as possible. In most keeper leagues you have to post your keepers or drop them by a certain time. Most owners do it somewhat early as it may be obvious to them who to keep. I would be lurking and watching until the last minute looking at what positions most people are keeping. 3 keeper 10 team leagues usually have most people keeping two RBs as we have suggested. So this means 18-20 backs kept. The other slots usually go pretty evenly between QBs and Wrs being kept. But I would wait to the last minute to see that ratio of QBs and WRs and might swap out my third keeper if something is a little weird with who is kept.

Funny, I would usually do this too, but probably 1/3 of the time I post my intended drops early; half the time as bait to see if I can trade for something better before the rest of the owners post, and the other half as mis-information to possibly influence who another team or two drop. :evilsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Funny, I would usually do this too, but probably 1/3 of the time I post my intended drops early; half the time as bait to see if I can trade for something better before the rest of the owners post, and the other half as mis-information to possibly influence who another team or two drop. :evilsmile:

Lol, I play that card also in some keepers leagues if I have some trading agenda or mis-information to infuse. One league you can post your drops in a thread and change/edit those drops up to the last second. Declaring early can spark trading, you really dropping that guy? I want him. So, I am not above posting early and creating mis-information myself. :evilsmile:

JScott

Administrator
Lol, I play that card also in some keepers leagues if I have some trading agenda or mis-information to infuse. One league you can post your drops in a thread and change/edit those drops up to the last second. Declaring early can spark trading, you really dropping that guy? I want him. So, I am not above posting early and creating mis-information myself. :evilsmile:

brothah :highfive:

cctekguy

Staff member
That's a clever angle, coach, and in some keeper leagues could play out to be useful. In the league I'm in (welcome JScott) it's pretty predictable.

Last year, I projected every team's keepers before the declare date and I think I missed on 5 of them. 60 keepers....5 wrong.

It's just not that hard to do the math, no matter how secretive one tries to be.

A better strategy may be to identify the owners being secretive and try to figure out what bone head move they are gonna make in order to surprise everyone.

Mental

I gotta throw my support of Collie in here. I wouldnt take him above Clark or the other three but he is a solid WR option in my book and ill grab him up in later rounds if I can get him. I will say he came back to fast from his first concussion and that pretty well screwed his season. not quite ready to label him as injury proned. Clark is going to steal some touches but Collie gets his as well.