Keeper Advice

primetime4

Approaching this year's fantasy draft, and i need some help picking keepers. Last season i missed playoffs but finished with 2nd overall pick, however, making some moves i traded my 1st, 3rd and 4th picks. so for this year i have my 2nd, two 5ths, then the rest of my own. We can keep 7 keepers Max 3 per position.

Here are my for sure keepers:

QB - Drew Brees
WR - Coleston, Harvin

now my maybies

RB - Forte, Moreno, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas
WR - Crabtree, Welker
TE - Olsen, Zach Miller
D - Giants, 49ers

not having my first rounder kinda sucks, but it is what it is. i was leaning towards Crabtree, Moreno, Forte and Williams. The trouble is, they all had mediocre seasons last year mostly due to injuries...Crabtree is hurt right now, Thomas has a bit of a crowded backfield, Welker sucked last year but he"s typically a stud. Newton will probably rely on Olsen but i could get him in the 2nd if i really wanted but i would have to keep a D inorder to do that...

id say WR r worth more only because they are harder to come by, if i lost the first couple of weeks, i could scoop up the best available RB if need be...

any help would be great.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
If you can keep 7 with 3 at each position I'd keep:
Brees
Harvin, Coleston, Welker
Forte, Moreno, Williams

You'd have a stud at QB, WR (Harvin), and RB (Forte & Williams) and some decent depth to fill in for bye weeks. If you don't start TE's mandatory dump both of them in favor of a WR. Most 2nd rounders have value picks at both WR and RB so you should be straight.

alexander

Banned
Now that's what you call a comeback. After spending time in prison and being largely ignored (with good reason) in fantasy drafts, Michael Vick exploded back onto the scene in 2010 -- being the player who more than others led his trusting owners to championship glory. From the moment he took over for the injured Kevin Kolb, Vick showed his elusive legs were back, his cannon of an arm intact. The only concern then and going forward is how well his body can handle the constant hits his attacking style generates. Positional weight aside, Vick was and is the top fantasy player going and even for the risk-adverse, it would be tough to select any QB other than Aaron Rodgers ahead of Vick. If you fall into that category, then look elsewhere. Just realize that when you next gaze into Vick's direction, odds are he and the non-fearing owner will be racing past you toward another fantasy title.