Josh Gordon

ExperiencedRookie

Josh Gordon is looking freakish this summer.

Am I alone in thinking that this guy has top 5 potential? Been talking about him on Twitter all week, and it seems most people are doubters.

He hasn't had a full training camp in years. The last few times we've seen him, he basically comes in off the street, hasn't practiced, has some bum throwing him the ball, and still looks like a damn lion out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 10

Walter34

Have to keep an eye on this. The guy is a physical freak so the thing to watch is behavior, quotes, try and make a judgment on listening to interviews and understanding the details of his recovery and actions the past year. There is a good chance that he will be over drafted this year. I can see the hype growing as the off season progresses. I generally don't like to gamble on my top 3 or 4 picks but he could potentially be a 1st round value drafted in the 3rdish round - or could be the opposite - a wasted 3rd round pick. One misstep and he's done likely for his career.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am still on the fence here. Qb is a big concern. Tyrod Taylor was not all that. He is a decent solid Qb, but he still likes to run first, I also think Cleveland wants to run as well with Hyde and Chubb in house. I will add you went out and over spent on a wr in Landry...so between Landry, Gordon, Njoku, and rbs catching passes...not sure how much Gordon will get to shine regardless

Walter34

True. They are also on hard knocks this year for more insight. Leaning towards a pass as he will be over-drafted. I wouldn’t want him as one of my top 4 or 5 guys when there are much safer options, albeit not with the upside.

hikeNbike

Drafted him in 2 of 3 leagues. Roll of the dice I know but got him in round 4 and 5 of the 2 drafts and he is likely a 2nd round pick based on talent. Have some decisions week 1 as in both leagues he is in the flex spot week 1 at the moment, but I am debating whether I should go with Connor in one league and Burkhead in the other or stick with Gordon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ExperiencedRookie

Drafted him in 2 of 3 leagues. Roll of the dice I know but got him in round 4 and 5 of the 2 drafts and he is likely a 2nd round pick based on talent. Have some decisions week 1 as in both leagues he is in the flex spot week 1 at the moment, but I am debating whether I should go with Connor in one league and Burkhead in the other or stick with Gordon.

I've been strongly on Gordon all summer. I think it was actually a really good thing that Gordon spent most of August taking care of himself.

Can you imagine if he was in camp during the circus of Hard Knocks? It's bad enough for a player's ADP when they make a big play or two in a preseason game. If Flash was out there embarrassing the CLE DBs on HBO every week, he could have easily pushed up into the Mike Evans range around the end of the 2nd round with all the hype.

His price stayed depressed, and in fact it dropped as he was away from the team. Everyone was thinking "same ole Josh. He's too risky".

Grabbing him in the late 4th and even early 5th is the type of league winning pick you can make. There's safer plays, but none of those guys are as physically gifted as Gordon. Dude is a freak! This offense on paper is exponentially better than anything he's played with before.

Same in every auction I did. There'd only be two or three guys interested in him. Land him for $20, and watch him crush!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
this may seem like a negative view, and I don't mean it as such. I hope beyond all hope the guy has faced his "demons" and has control. I applaud how he has focused on getting himself right and getting help.

That all being said....I just don't believe he can. Not because of him, but because of what this league does to you physically and mentally and being on a team that just isn't going to be that successful.

So saying all that - IF I were a Josh Gordon owner(I am not in any of my leagues..), I hope beyond hope he explodes week 1 and 2, his value sky rockets and I can trade him and get maximum value before we see the news report of him having issues again.

Walter34

I've been passing on this train ride and will continue to. He was costing people a 5th rounder at draft time and has a long way to go to make up that value. Its good to see him in good mental health these days. For him personally I hope he stays recovered. But for FF I will let others take the future good and bad.

hikeNbike

If he can continue to improve I've got two teams headed toward the playoffs that could use an extra push at wr