Jones-Drew Takes a knee

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I don't understand how you guys say that they were "Sure points." Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. I have seen countless games where someone fumbles or even gets shut out at the one yard line while trying to run in a touchdown. Since when did the NFL become a game just for people to play fantasy football rather than teams playing to win the game, which is ultimately what these players are trying to do. I truly find it ridiculous that people are actually upset that he didn't try for a touchdown, but instead, made a choice to run down the clock for a field goal. I'm sure he would have loved to add another touchdown to his resume, but instead, selflessly took a knee. Personally, I think the NFL needs more smart, mature players that will make calls like this. Get over not getting you "Sure" 6 points and move on with your life. My 2 cents.

Mills...I think you need to watch the last 2:00 of that game so you will understand what the rest of us are discussing. By your comments above, I'm sure you don't realize that he had a free run to end zone (Sure points)(The Jets were letting him score), for the TD, but stopped short and took a knee when his team was down by 2. Then they ran 3 plays then kicked a FG (NOT Sure points).

So, what I am contending is that it was a stupid move to not take the sure 6 points and risk something happening and not getting the FG and Losing the game.

So, it's not about Fantasy Football or covering the spread (it was already covered), it is about a winning a football game.

IN red - Not sure why the you added that. This is just discussion.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
The Jets caused a fumble on the goal line earlier in that very same game. After a TO the returning player tripped over his own feet on his way to a sure TD inside the 10. In that series the Jags fumbled at the one.

I heard MJD's interview after the game and he stated that his RB coach told him to take a knee. It was not stated if the head coach knew of this decision. MJD even questioned his RB coach to the decision. Lets stop saying he was selfless and all please.

Thanks deuce...i didn't realize that. OK..now i'll say the RB coach was wrong. :grin::grin:

cctekguy

Staff member
(The Jets were letting him score)

Here's Your Sign. :headscratch:

Since the Jets WANTED him to score, wouldn't NOT SCORING be the proper counter strategy?

It's the Jets that showed lack of faith in their defense, it's the Jets that violated the spirit of the game, and it's the Jets that sold out their fantasy owners. 6 points really hurts a fantasy defense.

Telling your defense to lay down is like telling your boxer to take a dive. MJD showed total class by not hitting the guy.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Smart move to put his team in great position...yes....risky as heck...yes..

Terrible move for FFBL owners yes....what would have been funny was if he lost this weeks game becausec he didn't score.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Here's Your Sign. :headscratch:

Since the Jets WANTED him to score, wouldn't NOT SCORING be the proper counter strategy?

It's the Jets that showed lack of faith in their defense, it's the Jets that violated the spirit of the game, and it's the Jets that sold out their fantasy owners. 6 points really hurts a fantasy defense.

Telling your defense to lay down is like telling your boxer to take a dive. MJD showed total class by not hitting the guy.

Desperate times call for desperate measures..i guess that's why the jets were trying to let him score. They had already let the jags drive to the red zone. Maybe that's the reason for the lack of confidence.

But the fact still remains that the jags were losing the game. Their job is to score when they can when they are losing. Not decide that I won't score now to take the lead, I'll wait and score in a few more plays. That score may not happen and you lose. So NO, NOT SCORING when you are losing is not the proper strategy. If they had been winning that is a great move, but not when your losing the game.

What about the question? Would you take the points off the board?