Joe Webb - Is he a player or are my eyes deceiving me?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
First thing to say is that he's a rookie so he's not perfect and obviously has a ton to learn. But he seems to have some serious tools so what do you think about the guy long term? Or maybe short term given he's playing on the Vikings?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Well, we know he has big hands. According to the 2 minute "knowledge enhancer" the crew showed us, his hands are bigger than Captain Wrangler's. And they showed us multiple pictures of each QB holding onto a ball. I really wanted that 2 minutes of my life back. I don't understand why they had to show Captain Wrangler so many times standing on the sidelines either.

Ok, back to the topic. He did look pretty good. However, the Eagles looked slow and uninterested. He made some good passes also. That TD run was pretty impressive. But without that block at the 4 yardline, Webb would have been smacked out of bounds.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Its hard to take away the TD from him. Anybody would have been smacked out of bounds without that block.

I think the tools are there. I didnt like how he totally missed a couple of WIDE OPEN receivers, but hey..he is a rookie and he didnt get much real work until the last couple weeks. I think the Vikings need to develop him alot better.

Coachnorm

Well, we do have one more game to watch Joe Webb. It will be a small sampling going into the off season. It will become more evident what the Vikings think of Joe Webb when draft time rolls around. The Vikings are a team that apparently needs to reload at QB. If they don't make a big move at the QB spot at draft time then we will have a good indicator of what they think of Joe Webb. Right now there appears to be more to this guy than his late round draft selection might suggest.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He has the arm and definately the legs. You could see him want to take off when his first option wasnt there. Its just going to take time.I think alot will depend on WHO the coach is.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He certainly showed me more, way more than I was expecting in the ball game. His passes had nice spin and his arm strength was a surprise. Vick Lite, no not quite but I'd like to see him get more work.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I saw alot of him in pre-season. I like the kid. Enough I made a late grab for him on our Hired Guns league. Not sure he is the future...but I like him.