Jets QB Sanchez Surgery

1 Crazy Commish

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez says the surgery to repair the patella ligament in his left knee went "exceptionally well."

Sanchez, who led New York to the AFC title game as a rookie, tweeted after the procedure Wednesday afternoon that Jets team doctors said it was a success.

He will miss some offseason workouts, which begin next month, but should be completely healthy by the start of training camp in July. The procedure is expected to help prevent future tweaks to the kneecap area.

Sanchez dislocated the kneecap during fall practice before his junior season at Southern California. He has worn a brace on the knee since, but aggravated the injury against Carolina on Nov. 29 when the kneecap popped out and back into place.

This guy should be back to full mobility as he was at USC and be a dangerous scrambler next year for the Jets.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Pretty tough injury to play with. I agree, he should continue to perform well in his limited role.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,

Mark Sanchez (knee surgery) has resumed jogging on turf.

Sanchez is shooting for the Jets' June 14-16 minicamp to return, and appears to be fully on track for training camp. Our preliminary 2010 re-draft fantasy ranks have Sanchez as the No. 23 quarterback overall -- a low-end QB2.
Source: ESPN New York

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
(nfl.com)Jets coach Rex Ryan said Thursday that he wants to remain patient with QB Mark Sanchez, who is still recovering from offseason knee surgery. Ryan doesn't "feel that comfortable right now" with Sanchez working in drills. "I don't want to risk that right now because you've got bodies flying around," Ryan said. "I think we just need to stay the course and, in due time, he'll be out there. We all know he's going to be ready to roll. It's just (that) we don't need to have any setbacks with him for sure." But Ryan said he expects Sanchez to participate during the next minicamp. "I would think we can put him out there then, but these next OTAs I just assume we'll ride it out like we've been doing," Ryan said. "If we get him out there, expect run, just hand the ball off kid. You guys see him out there. He's moving along great. I don't think it's going to be long."

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Mark Sanchez participated in team drills Tuesday, putting in a full practice for the first time since undergoing knee surgery three months ago.

He was originally scheduled to make his full-practice debut next week, so he remains ahead of schedule. The Jets have another practice on Thursday before closing out the offseason with mandatory minicamp starting Monday. Sanchez's knee doesn't figure to be an issue from here on out.
Source: ESPNNewYork.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
(cbssports.com)Following Thursday's OTA practice, Jets QB Mark Sanchez said he expects to be "full go" for next week's minicamp. Sanchez's original goal was to be ready for some participation next week as he rehabs from offseason knee surgery. Sanchez has progressed far enough in his rehab that Thursday he was even running routes at WR. However, he was informed that he ran several of those incorrectly.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Mark Sanchez said Thursday that his surgically repaired knee feels better now than it ever has.

"It's just something that was on my mind (in the past)," said Sanchez. "Just like it was at USC ... It's just something that's in the back of your mind. Now, this is solid." The knee won't be a concern for fantasy leaguers this season.
Source: New York Daily News

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
(cbssports.com)Jets QB Mark Sanchez says his surgically repaired left knee has improved so much that he'd be able to play in a game now if he needed to. Sanchez had the patella-stabilizing ligament in the knee repaired in February, and participated in 11-on-11 team drills for the first time this week since the surgery. He said Thursday that the knee feels "great" and he looked mobile and unimpeded at practice. Doctors told Sanchez that his rehabilitation progressed ahead of schedule. He said he should be a full participant during the team's minicamp, which starts Monday. Until this week, he had been limited to only individual and passing drills since workouts began several weeks ago.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Mark Sanchez made it through Jets OTAs and minicamps unscathed after undergoing early-offseason knee surgery.

"No player that I’ve ever been around worked as hard as Sanchez did in the offseason," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "No player." Sanchez was a full-go for all team drills. He's 100 percent and will not be limited in training camp.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger