Jerry Jones being a ....brat

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This is a personal rant, so feel free to not read if you like, you have been warned....

Jerry,
you know what I hate more than anything? When rich people feel they have the right to put their will over other people just because they are rich - even when you have 30 other owners(Remember folks GB is owned by the community....which is really cool...) who are ALSO RICH! What makes you God?

So to let all know what I am ranting about.....

There is a 6 owner competition committee that is responsible for the extension for Commissioner Roger Goodell. To appease the rich and cranky, this committee added Jerry as an adhoc member(no voting rights) to get his veteren feedback.

Seems Jerry has a thorn in his paw over the fact the NFL had the gaul to go after his studly star Rb for domestic violence, even though HE decided the evidence wasn't enough. So now he has raised a ruckus, and delayed the vote on the already agreed upon extension. As such, suddenly those 6 owners grew a spine(God bless you my children) and took his adhoc membership away.

Now, Jerry has decided to threaten legal action(like he has a case...... pfft) and threatening to sue the league and certain other owners if they approve this action. Please note it would take 24 owners to vote this down and kick Goodell out. To date most think Jerray has 4 or 5 at best fully supporting him, but there are some fence sitters, and that is who he is trying to scare.

so Jerry, do us the fans, and the league a real favor....just sit down and shut up. Your player made a mistake, as did his female associate...they were young and screwed up. Let the guy stand up, be a man, take his punishment and move on. And again,....please just sit down and shut up.

thanks

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
The only thing keeping me from saying he is channeling Al Davis is the fact that he hasn't threatened to move the team. And I am sure that is highly unlikely since he has his shiny stadium.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reports say that the owners have an avenue to take the Cowboys away from Jerry and that some are openly discussing it. Man that would bringon the mother of all court cases and Jerry may not live long enough to see it reach a conclusion. Jerry needs to grow up. His antics are not helping the league.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reports say that the owners have an avenue to take the Cowboys away from Jerry and that some are openly discussing it. Man that would bringon the mother of all court cases and Jerry may not live long enough to see it reach a conclusion. Jerry needs to grow up. His antics are not helping the league.
yup, and this is a beauty.
first the rule is owned to the Commissioner - its actions detrimental to the league - first level offense is a $500,000 fine, if it is felt to be much worse, the commissioner can request the other league owners vote to remove ownership from that owner. It is also being reviewed for Tenn. because Bud Adams split ownership 50/50 for his kids without one clear owner. NFL requires one clear owner to work with...so some think Tenn. will be force to be sold soon as well.

Net, Jerry is getting hand slapped - his ad hoc status was removed from the commision for the renewal, and they have full support of all owners to negotiate and fix that contract. Add to that, he has ticked off alot of owners with his issues...and is losing a lot of clout.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bwahahahaha - Those 6 owners on this committee have slapped Jerry Jones:
From PFT:
Jerry Jones officially is on notice.

According to Ken Belson of the New York Times, the six owners on the NFL’s Compensation Committee have sent a letter to the Cowboys owner telling him to cease and desist with his efforts to block Commissioner Roger Goodell’s contract extension.

The letter mentions a range of possible sanctions, including fines, stripping of draft picks, and suspending Jones. (PFT reported on Sunday night that some owners have discussed the possibility of initiating a proceeding aimed at forcing Jones to sell the team.)

The Compensation Committee currently consists of Falcons owner Arthur Blank, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, Giants co-owner John Mara, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Steelers owner Art Rooney II, and Texans owner Bob McNair.

Belson’s latest article also mentions something that PFT has consistently reported, and that others in the media have pooh-poohed: Some owners believe that Jones instigated Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter to publicly disparage the league during a recent earnings conference call, blaming reduced corporate revenues on the NFL’s current controversies and ratings declines.

The letter, sent after Monday’s conference call conducted by the Compensation Committee, surely is aimed at paving the way for finalization of Goodell’s new five-year deal by getting Jones to stop trying to recruit other owners to oppose the deal or taking other actions to frustrate the process, like following through on a threat to file a lawsuit. In May, Jones voted with all other owners to authorize the Compensation Committee to negotiate and to finalize a new five-year deal with Goodell.

Jerray better keep his trap shut :D

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not a Jerry fan but this is a big joke. Non story if I've ever heard one. As he said...... "laughable" .
Curious why this is a non-story? This is clearly him having a hissy over losing Zeke. As they voted 32 - 0 to enter into extension talks with Goodell, so he had to have voted yes then. I will add, he fired the first shot, by threatening to sue if they went forward with the deal.

Remote Controller

Curious why this is a non-story? This is clearly him having a hissy over losing Zeke. As they voted 32 - 0 to enter into extension talks with Goodell, so he had to have voted yes then. I will add, he fired the first shot, by threatening to sue if they went forward with the deal.
I agree with all of what you say. I just see no way he gets removed. Sorry I didn't explain it very good. I would LOVE IT if they were able to pull it off. That would be great.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I agree with all of what you say. I just see no way he gets removed. Sorry I didn't explain it very good. I would LOVE IT if they were able to pull it off. That would be great.
Oh, yeah, fully agree there is a snow ball's chance in Hell he has to sell. I don't think there is an owner there who has the guts to push it. I would love to see it happen, I would LOVE to see them push the fine and make him squirm. But I doubt they do it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Interesting so WSJ has filed a report confirming what PFT reported Sunday night, that being that there are a group of owners talking about stripping the ownership from Jerry Jones IF he continues on his rant on the contract extension, and if he files law suits.

Now, PFT is reporting they talked to one owner, and he states the worst Jerry will get is a fine.

But....this all means that yes Jerry IS on thin ice and has ticked off other Millionaires.

Can't wait to see how this continues....

: popcorn:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Now for more...news? Supposedly now Jerry Jones has requested a special meeting of the committee for him to come in and see where negotiations have gone to. Per one source(unknown owner) he was denied this. But lets wait and see what happens.

Somewhere deep down, Goodell must be loving this.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh good grief, by reports from ESPN he literally threatened Goodell to his face. I am thinking the removal clause is getting closer and closer

hikeNbike

Its hard to find someone to root for. On the one hand I sort of agree that Goodell hasnt done the job well enough to be due an additional raise and the perks he wants, but it be a lot easier to root against him, jf Jerry hadnt been a big supporter of Goodell up until the time that Goodell sided against his player.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
First of all, the story isn't being honest. PFT had a story about it. He didn't request a private jet for the rest of his life, he requested access to the private jet service the NFL uses, and that price, that he would personally pay for when he used it. So the "perk" is the lower negotiated rate.

As for the Salary, the NFL is making money hand over fist, and the owners are the real fat cats, so the minute I see Jerry Jones step up and offer to make less, I will back him for not paying Goodell more.

Now, that being said Goodell has screwed the pooch on the spouse abuse, and the flag issue. But that is pretty small when you consider how well he handled negotiations with the NFL PA