Jerome Simpson-Busted

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Free agent Jerome Simpson was indicted Thursday for allegedly trafficking over eight ounces and under five pounds of marijuana.
Simpson became a SportsCenter hero for his late-season touchdown flip, and may have attracted interest on the open market as a young, freakishly athletic wideout. That won't happen now. Per the Cincinnati Enquirer, Simpson faces Class D felony charges and 1-5 years in prison. This may actually make it more likely Simpson re-signs with the Bengals because he's going to come cheap. Rotoworld

Kids just can't learn. That right there is the highest priced pot he ever owned.

ExperiencedRookie

Does he really need that much cheeba?? "Over 8 ounces and under 5 lbs" doesn't exactly narrow it down, but as a former blaze head, I know that 8 ounces is a lot of green for 1 dude. I guess he was loading up his personal stash for the off season.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Does he really need that much cheeba?? "Over 8 ounces and under 5 lbs" doesn't exactly narrow it down, but as a former blaze head, I know that 8 ounces is a lot of green for 1 dude. I guess he was loading up his personal stash for the off season.
half a pound is probably the starting point for when it could be considered more than just for personal ablazement.
5 pounds must be the cut off point

He was just probably holding for Nate Newton

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The package the cops followed from California to his home was 2.5lbs. However, they also found 8lbs more in his house, along with scales and other stuff that could be used to sell and distribute. My guess is, he had to sell his girlfriend under the bus to get this limited a charge. They had originally intended to go after him for distribution as well.

xqj47alpha

Banned
since no firearms were found a fine should suffice.

i mean, it's not like he's cooking meth in big gulps
or
fighting dogs

but a key through the mail? how did that not stink?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
bump for let's see...
what's missing here

Isn't it Miller time?
lol

I just find it funny this happened at the start of the year.....yet no charges were filed until conveniently, just AFTER the season ended for the Bengals.....at least we got to see the flip!

The Bengals needed to upgrade WR2 in the offseason anyways, so they can let this bum go and maybe spend a little of that moldy Mike Brown money and get a nice compliment to Green. I don't see 2.5 returning next season.

JScott

Administrator
lol

I just find it funny this happened at the start of the year.....yet no charges were filed until conveniently, just AFTER the season ended for the Bengals.....at least we got to see the flip!

The Bengals needed to upgrade WR2 in the offseason anyways, so they can let this bum go and maybe spend a little of that moldy Mike Brown money and get a nice compliment to Green. I don't see 2.5 returning next season.

On the contrary I would think this would make Mike Brown lick his chops. Due to the arrest Simpson's market value around the league will be down so Brown will now have leverage to get Simpson back at a reduced price. :dunno:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
And he smoked pot, remind me who he hurt again other than hisself. Jails/prisons aren't full enough as it is and it costs so much money to house them. Cells need to be kept available for the true criminals not someone who smokes weed.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ed Zachary J Scott.

Simpson's biggest problem with the law isn't that he smoked pot Cerberus, it's that he appears by definition to be a dealer.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
True. Unless it was packaged for distrubution it has to be thought of as personal use. Yes it was alot for one person, But it was packaged for one, at least thats what i understand from the story. Pot gets a bad rap ever since it was labeled a gateway drug and for some reason people can't get that out of there mind and actually see the good it does medically. Recently i had a friend die from cancer after going thru chemo several times. If she was able to smoke, she would have gotten the nutrition she needed to survive. Unfortunitly Florida is stupid and does not give out medical marijuana. And until the title of gateway drug goes away, marijuana will still be illegal and people will still fill the jails for smoking.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Just live a little longer Cerberus and you'll see the law changed in most states. 20 years should get it done in a lot of them, 40 years in most of them. When I'm a little over 100 we'll be able to burn it in the bayous.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
By then i'd be too old to enjoy it. Don't smoke alot now and never have. I'm a casual smoker and never have more than a dime around the house.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
On the contrary I would think this would make Mike Brown lick his chops. Due to the arrest Simpson's market value around the league will be down so Brown will now have leverage to get Simpson back at a reduced price. :dunno:
That works for the talented guys you can get on the cheap, but Simpson really isn't that good. Simpson will go the way of Kelly Washington; a lot of raw talent, just never put it together. I don't think he was coming back without the arrest, with it, no way, too much risk on this one even for Mike Brown i think......but then again ya never know for sure.

ExperiencedRookie

True. Unless it was packaged for distrubution it has to be thought of as personal use. Yes it was alot for one person, But it was packaged for one, at least thats what i understand from the story.

People who get personal weed get it from their buddy across town.

People who get more than personal weed get it shipped cross country.

Anyone who has ever bought a quarter pound in order to take advantage of the lower price per ounce knows that weed eventually goes stale, regardless of how many mason jars, ziplock bags, and freezers you keep it in. Unless this dude is smoking an ounce per day, this shipment of grass was not for his personal use.

I'm not saying that he should be locked up for 20 years, but I think we should at least call this like it is.