Jake Delhomme out this week: Matt Moore to start

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
This is more of an FYI. If you're relying on Delhomme at this point in the season your season is pretty much over.

Linkage

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I believe it goes down..... If Jake's backup was any good they would have brought him on the field earlier and sent Jake to the bench IMO.

Coachnorm

I believe it goes down..... If Jake's backup was any good they would have brought him on the field earlier and sent Jake to the bench IMO.

That is sort of the way my initial feeling goes... It's a tough call because Steve Smith is already such a shaky start anyhow this year.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
True. The most annoying part about Steve's 2009 career is that most of Jake's intercepted passes were intended for him! So either Steve's being lazy about completing the routes or not tuning into the defensive coverage enough to protect the pass. Naturally it doesn't help that Jake simply sucks this year.

In one league, I'm stacked at WR and am benching SS. In another league, i'm giving this match up a chance but only cuz I don't have anyone better.

However, backup QBs have been on an unexpected warm streak lately. Dennis Dixon, Steelers, & Chris Redman, ATL. If Moore can get his hands on whatever these guys are drinking, maybe he'll do okay on Sunday.

I'll be watching the game, but rooting for the TB Defense!

I personally don't believe the QB change would negatively effect Smith's value...it's not like Delhomme has been playing well.

The thing about backup QBs is that they tend to get locked onto the most talented/safe receiver on their team.

Smith will definitely get the targets, we'll see if he can produce with them

jaybebo

My biggest thought on this is will effect the value of DWilliams and Stewart...will TB decide to put nine in the box and dare Carolina to throw the ball...I am currently starting DWilliams and Mendenhall over Gore and Forsett...guess I will have to wait and see on this one...if DWilliams cannot play due to his ankle, I will be putting Gore in...

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I personally don't believe the QB change would negatively effect Smith's value...it's not like Delhomme has been playing well.

The thing about backup QBs is that they tend to get locked onto the most talented/safe receiver on their team.

Smith will definitely get the targets, we'll see if he can produce with them

That's what I'm thinking. Delhomme has been warm garbage this year and honestly I doubt Moore does any worse. SS' value stays flat at worst or goes up due to the "woobie" factor of having an All Pro to throw it deep and pray.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
S.Smith has not been happy with Delhomme most of the season and has shown it at times on the sidelines, i'm feeling a resurgence from Smith with a decent game.

Value goes up a little.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Moore has a big arm and can take advantage of Smith's strengths more IMO. I don't see this as a negative for Smith. Not sure if it will vault him back to top WR status, but should give him a better opportunity at some big games.

Coachnorm

Uh Oh, Rachelle.... Steve Smith stock may be on the rise after all.

According to PewterReport.com, Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib is in danger of missing Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers with a nagging hamstring injury that he has been battling for five weeks. Talib has been hampered but shows signs of becoming a great CB for the Bucs.