Interesting trade offer

pipeman

12 team full PPR w/ 6 all TD's, $2000 SB champ
Year 2 of 5, 3 man keeper- Start 1/2/2/1

Kept McCoy, Murray and Brady, plus traded a slew of picks next year to move into a couple earlier slots this year.

My roster-
Brady, Fitz
McCoy, Murray, D. Brown, Hunter, Best
Cruz, A. Brown, Wayne, Floyd, Cobb
Hernandez, Keller

Team has offered me my choice of J. Jones or AJ Green, plus Gresham, for Hernandez and Floyd. He's convinced that the TE slot is what lost him a playoff appearance last year, and is HIGH on Hernandez. I think Hernandez has a huge ceiling this year, but should that stop me from trading for one of those guys?

I'm trying to figure out if the dropoff with starting Gresham or Keller is worth the increase at WR2 vs. Brown. :confused:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well let's just call Floyd and Gresham a push. They basically just balance out the deal. It comes down to Hernandez vs JJones or AJ......I think you need to do this. I really like Hernandez, but your getting a great receiver to pair with Cruz, kinda turning it into co-#1's. I would lean Julio at the moment, but my opinion on the two changes daily. I would do the deal for either one.

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
I would definately take the trade and personally I like Jones over Green as well. As I am sure you well know, Cook would be an awesome TE to get to replace Hernandez if there is any way to work out a trade for him. Otherwise Gresham should be okay for a short term fix and hopefully he surprises this year.

#1bears fan

get Julio, Hernandez is limited by the play of Gronkowski and I wont bet against Gronk.. With your wr core Floyd isnt in the mix so you wont miss him Gresham can be and is predicted to be a solid TE, even if he doesnt pan out Id rather have one of the Top WRs Then NEs second best TE. Hernandez will be hit or miss every week its easier to find a TE to start based on matchups than a dominate receiver you dont even think about benching.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would take the trade as the pts you get for Jones or Green over Hernandez alone. But I will call out you will be hurting mightily at Te. Keller and Greshem will never be really solid Tes. So scour the Waiver wire if someone jumps. But I still do the deal in a heartbeat. Not sure I would lean Julio as most, but either will be better for you.

Remote Controller

I would take the trade as the pts you get for Jones or Green over Hernandez alone. But I will call out you will be hurting mightily at Te. Keller and Greshem will never be really solid Tes. So scour the Waiver wire if someone jumps. But I still do the deal in a heartbeat. Not sure I would lean Julio as most, but either will be better for you.
I would definitly not want to float my boat on Gresham AND AJ every week. That offense can't support two receiving plays weekly.

deuce4321

Driller
Take the deal for Julio Jones. There are so many worthwhile TEs this season and Gresham and Keller are due to break out one of these years.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Take the deal for Julio Jones. There are so many worthwhile TEs this season and Gresham and Keller are due to break out one of these years.

Okay per the HC of the Bengals today:
Interviewer - who is the gronkowski on this team
Lewis - why do we compare totally different offenses? We have a great WR, and some really promising young Wrs to help him, we have a totally different type of offense, so why compare?j

Net - don't ever look for alot of production from TE in Cincy. They like them to block, and occassionally go deep up the middle. Thats about it.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
First off, take Julio to avoid the bye week drama with Green/Gresham. Plus he has a bit more upside than Green playing indoors with a better QB.
It boils down to which combo scores more for you: Jones/Gresham or A.Brown/Hernandez.

Since it's a PPR that's a no-brainer in favor of Jones/Gresham. Too bad you don't start a flex.