I'll put some trades up here

brtdud7

12 team PPR with a bunch of other scoring (.4 points per completion, .2 points per rush, etc) all TDs=6 points, passing TDs = 5.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T flex.

My current team:
QB
Kolb

WR
Roddy
Jennings
Meachem
Hester
Collie
Gaffney
Hartline

RB
Knowshon Moreno
Mendenhall
Mathews
Bernard Scott

TE
Gates
Winslow (for flex)

I know I have 3 pretty good RBs but no depth and a bunch of WRs. I have one trade up and a few other ill post later.

Trade 1:
I get: Schaub and Forte
I give: Kolb and Mathews

His team (for counters): RB: Greene, Forte, Felix, Forsett. He's pretty weak at WR (Colston, Evans, Knox, Doucet, Legudu Naane). So maybe a counter could do better, like Kolb, Mathews, Hester, and Collie for Schaub, Forte, and Forsett?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
12 team PPR with a bunch of other scoring (.4 points per completion, .2 points per rush, etc) all TDs=6 points, passing TDs = 5.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T flex.

My current team:
QB
Kolb

WR
Roddy
Jennings
Meachem
Hester
Collie
Gaffney
Hartline

RB
Knowshon Moreno
Mendenhall
Mathews
Bernard Scott

TE
Gates
Winslow (for flex)

I know I have 3 pretty good RBs but no depth and a bunch of WRs. I have one trade up and a few other ill post later.

Trade 1:
I get: Schaub and Forte
I give: Kolb and Mathews

His team (for counters): RB: Greene, Forte, Felix, Forsett. He's pretty weak at WR (Colston, Evans, Knox, Doucet, Legudu Naane). So maybe a counter could do better, like Kolb, Mathews, Hester, and Collie for Schaub, Forte, and Forsett?

You aren't gaining anything by giving up Matthews and Kolb, you are losing big time. Kolb has a lot of upside and so does Matthews. Schaub is an injury concern and no one knows the situation in Chicago yet with Forte and Chester Taylor. Maybe just try to deal a couple WRs for another RB.

brtdud7

You aren't gaining anything by giving up Matthews and Kolb, you are losing big time. Kolb has a lot of upside and so does Matthews. Schaub is an injury concern and no one knows the situation in Chicago yet with Forte and Chester Taylor. Maybe just try to deal a couple WRs for another RB.

yeah, i only posted here because i'm really torn and need help. i appreciate your post, and i'll wait for some other posts as well.

here's an update: i sent a trade of kolb, mathews, hester and collie for schaub, forte, and forsett and he sent back a counter:

I get: Schaub, Forte, Forsett
I give: Kolb, Mathews, Collie, Bernard Scott

I would do this one over the first one. I probably wouldn't start Collie ever anyway...
Any thoughts on this one? If I could get an idea of a counter I should do or if I should accept then that would be nice.

brtdud7

I'm kind of confused. A lot of people say that Matt Schaub is like a top 5 QB (Godgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Schaub/Rivers) and that Kolb is like maybe #9 or #10. Also, people seem to have Kolb on a pedestal for only playing like 2 games in his career. I really didn't think I was losing "BIG TIME" on the deal?

The only player I can see getting in the deal as well is Shonn Greene or Marques Colston. Any way I could include them and make it a good deal for me?

JackG1980

btbud you are giving up to much! Kolb and Schaub will be scoring more similar to each other. While Matthrews could easily be a top 8 RB while Forte could easily be out of the top 30!!! If you are giving up Matthrews, Greene or Colston have to be in the deal. Maybe Kolb, Mathrews and (Scott/Collie) for Schaub and (Greene/Colston)

brtdud7

i might have a guy interested in schaub with me getting brees so ill post that stuff if i get a deal done with the schaub guy

Last edited by a moderator:

brtdud7

new counter:

I give: Kolb, Mathews, Winslow
I get: Schaub, Forte, Colston

Now, I will have Robert Meachem and Colston. Should I send Meachem and Collie to him, due to having 2 WRs on the same team? I'd like to get Greene or (most likely) Forsett here. Maybe Kolb, Mathews, Winslow, Meachem, and Collie for Schaub, Forte, Forsett, Colston, (and his 1st round pick next year)?

I would probably have the best WRs in the league in Colston, Jennings, and Roddy. Maybe I could even unload colston and Forsett/Forte for a top RB

Last edited by a moderator:

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I say you need to hang onto Kolb and Mathews. Is this dynasty league or redraft? That might make a difference.

brtdud7

I say you need to hang onto Kolb and Mathews. Is this dynasty league or redraft? That might make a difference.

meh, i followed through with it. its a 5 keeper league. i really thought about it, and I figured that the schaub for kolb risk is worth downgrading from mathews to forte, and with all my WRs, I likely wouldn't have used Kellen Winslow and now i have 3 sure-fire starting WRs

i might post later because i have a guy interested in mendenhall who has brees, so i could probably get a lot from him. i might even be able to trade colston and forte for a top (AP/MJD/CJ/Rice) RB, who knows