How much stock to you put into the Wonderlic test?

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Does a high score really make a college player a better NFL prospect ??

After looking over some scores i would have to say No

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ill admit I had to just quick guess a few of them. Not sure what the rise in temperature in a chicken has to do with reading a defense, but at least Im still smarter than Brett Favre.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Still only scored a 26 the second time around, making me smarter than Ben Roethisberger. Looks like you want a QB in the mid 20s on this thing.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think the only real value in it is the speed in which a Qb can be counted on to learn the system and develop. So if you run a complicated system, you probably target a guy who does well, as long as he also has the physical tools.

Issue is some of these guys scored low for a reason, they have no commen sense, and thus make huge mistakes on and OFF the field.

I don't put alot into it, but it would be a point to help make a decision.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I think the only real value in it is the speed in which a Qb can be counted on to learn the system and develop. So if you run a complicated system, you probably target a guy who does well, as long as he also has the physical tools.

Issue is some of these guys scored low for a reason, they have no commen sense, and thus make huge mistakes on and OFF the field.

I don't put alot into it, but it would be a point to help make a decision.
I think Phicinfan has it right.
It's not so much how high you score, it's how low.
And, since we are talking about individuals fresh out of class and not trying to remember something they learned 20 years ago, a low score has to be troubling.
Especially for the QB position. It demonstrates an individuals dedication and willingness to study and prepare for that ultimate test on Sunday.

I just took the practice test without any scratch paper or prep and got 23.

It's not a score I'm proud of

Last edited by a moderator: