Houshmandzadeh signs with Seattle

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
With Housh going to Seattle, Could this mean that C. Palmer's arm is toast and T.J. knows it.

hmmmm
No.

Point blank this is not surprising. Bengals knew one of the two starters were gone by this year, either chad due to dissention or T.J. due to FA. They drafted accordingly taking Caldwell and Simpson. They also supposedly have a Henry back who has his head on straight. I think they will miss T.J.

I also think they will focus much, more on the run...which is why they desperately need to fix the Oline

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
someone sounds like a spurned lover. "He's never going to be as good for her as I would have been." Housh is going back to the Northwest, to a great stadium, great ownership, great fans, and a pass friendly division. He's a veteran receiver who will fit in very quickly with a veteran quaterback. The only question in my mind is if Mora will be tweaking the offensive scheme much, and my guess is that he's smart enough to not do that.

lol, you clearly havent read anything ive said about housh this entire offseason. i wanted nothing to do with him and was ecstatic when i saw he signed elsewhere yesterday. i think hes a pretty average player who was in a passing system (of late) and had good numbers, but not as good as everyone seems to imagine. the guy has broken 1000 yards only twice in his career and has a career high of 1143 yards. looks like a season of about 80 catches, 900 yards, and 6 TDs. he'll be a forgotten fantasy commodity and a waste of a huge contract, and hes already 32 so he can only really decrease in value moving forward.

Arctic Dawgs

A lot of you guys have been talking about Seattles needs. Here's a short post I made in a 'Hawks forum

1. OT -Both the run game and pass protection have been in serious decline the last several years

2. C -Spencer does not seem to be working out that well

3. RB -Jones is a very good #2 back that has 1 or 2 years left with Seattle

4. WR -Branch/Burleson will need to be replaced over the next couple seasons (eta: I was suprised to see that Housh is the oldest WR that Seattle has now)

5. QB -Have to start thinking about Matts replacement

The reason there are no D listed is that during TR's 4 drafts Seattle has only selected 3 players for the O (Spencer - C 2005 Rd #1, David Greene - QB 2005 Rd #3, and Carlson - TE 2008 Rd #2) in the first 3 rounds

Over the same time span, 7 D (Lofa - LB 2005 Rd #2, Hill - LB 2005 Rd #3, Jennings - CB 2006 Rd #1, Tapp - DE 2006 Rd #2, Wilson - CB 2007 Rd #2, Mebane - DT 2007 Rd #3, and Jackson - DE 2008 Rd #1) have been selected in the 1st 3 rounds.

If you include Kerney, Peterson, and Trufant that should = 10 starter quality defensive players. There is also 2 4th round picks (Atkins - DE 2007 Rd #4 and Bryant - 2008 Rd #4) for depth. Safety is the only defensive position that has not been dealt with via the draft during TR's reign in Seattle.

Other than the above mentioned draft picks and 4th round selections at OLine (Willis - 2005, Simms - 2006, and Wrotto - 2007) the offense has been virtually ignored. Jones and Duckett can not replace Alexander and Wahle while serviceable for now, is no Hutch. The lack of a respectable run game, especially when compounded with the injuries is putting way too much pressure on the passing game. The lack of production this has created in turn puts way too much pressure on the defense.

I have seen a lot of Seahawks fans wanting Jenkins CB as Seattles first draft pick and biggest need. This would be 3 first picks in 4 years to fill 1 spot opposite Trufant. Sounds like TR would be the Millen of CB's after that.

I think the best way to improve the D right now and long-term is to move the damn chains, giving them additional time to rest on the bench between drives and give them a much longer field as well as some points on the scoreboard to defend