Houshmandzadeh signs with Seattle

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
He got paid. This is a major step forward for the Seahawk offense. Hass' numbers should go up. Branch (if retained) lining up opposite Housh could be a heck of a tandem.

Sources: T.J. Houshmandzadeh chooses Seattle Seahawks over Bengals, Vikings - ESPN

ETA: I called this one in the FA thread......:thrash:

ETAA: As long as I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back Hambone's scooped this in the trade speculation thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
nice, gotta love a qb with a bad back and no run game throwing to two over-priced, oft-injured WRs... :banana:

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
And he usually plays injured...with the back problems and all...and still puts up good numbers. I think he does just fine this year fantasy wise.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm as happy as I can be the way this worked out. The Bengals offered what IMO was a very good contract, 7 mil a year over 4 yrs with esc's that could reach 7.5 mil. Seattle just offered more. I wish TJ all the luck in the world, he's a good receiver and always has done the fans in Cincy well. Hope he does well in Seattle.

This is good news for Seattle's offense but we will finally find out if Housh can take the pressure of being of offensive focal point, he will be now.

Arctic Dawgs

This is good news for Seattle's offense but we will finally find out if Housh can take the pressure of being of offensive focal point, he will be now.

He'll prolly be the main guy, but not the only guy. With Housh, Branch, Burleson, and Carlson it would be a very risky move to slide too much coverage his way with Hass throwing the ball.
Now I really expect to see a OT in rd #1, and Mack or Unger in rd #2. Hopefully rd #3 will be a RB. That would set the Hawks up well for the next few years

:xpopcorn:

Coachnorm

He'll prolly be the main guy, but not the only guy. With Housh, Branch, Burleson, and Carlson it would be a very risky move to slide too much coverage his way with Hass throwing the ball.
Now I really expect to see a OT in rd #1, and Mack or Unger in rd #2. Hopefully rd #3 will be a RB. That would set the Hawks up well for the next few years

:xpopcorn:

Hass is one of the best at spreading the ball around and most hardly noticed Calrsons emergence as a top flight TE late last year.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i would say go ahead and mark down housh as a big time bust in fantasy football next season. you heard it here first and immediately. he'll go in the 4th round, maybe 5th at the latest, and he'll be a major disappointment.

on another note, every mock and its mother has had seattle drafting michael crabtree. now that that obviously isnt going to happen, how far does crabcakes fall? that is the real story here imo.

i would say go ahead and mark down housh as a big time bust in fantasy football next season. you heard it here first and immediately. he'll go in the 4th round, maybe 5th at the latest, and he'll be a major disappointment.

on another note, every mock and its mother has had seattle drafting michael crabtree. now that that obviously isnt going to happen, how far does crabcakes fall? that is the real story here imo.

Maybe only to 5, if Curry's gone. Why the hell not? Braylon probably won't be around much longer. I believe he is signed through 09.

Ah crap, no way this happens. Maybe Al Davis offers us a mid round pick to trade up and grab him.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist

You might get Unger, but if Mack's available at #32 and the Steel doesn't take him, I'll come completely unglued.

An answer to your question, Bomb. Crabtree won't make it past Oakland, IMO.

Coachnorm

I agree, Housh is a great addition to the Seahawks passing attack and will help this team out alot in a real NFL football sense. But his fantasy output may be a little suspect. With the Bengals when there was any slack in the Ochco Cinco front, and there has been plenty, Housh stepped up and made all the plays. He was the # 2 WR who put up #1 WR numbers. He was a gem you could grab a little later while you grabbed some better backs up front or a Better QB and not be burned for maybe missing out on some of the top WRs. This may not be true this year as Hass does distribute the ball very well. The signing also bodes well for the Seattle passing attack as Seattle can now spend a top pick beefing up the Oline which will help the overall O a lot. Now with their first two picks they can make some impact on Both sides of the ball instead of just one.

Back to Housh and his fantasy value. He had already took a little dip last year as he was a bit on the TD light side on a Bengals O with QB problems that didn't visit the Red Zone that much. The two years before he was the 1000 yard guy who nearly had or did have double digit TDs, last year he was the 900 yards with 4 TD guy. That was a big drop and those that invested in him last year had to be disappointed. Point is though that his fantasy value had already taken a hit without Palmer in there. What to expect this year? Hass spreads the ball around more so probably a little less yardage but more than 4 TDs. He will probably be 800 yard 7-8
TDs so it will be a bit of a wash overall pointwise but a little more TD pop. If you liked him on your team last year you will like him this year. But had he stayed with the Bengals he would have had a better chance to get his former more gaudy numbers as Palmer depended on him in a more Welker-like fashion.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

I completely agree with you on Housh. Time immimorial state the slot reciever (engram) or Carlson are the only receivers to take in Seattle.

As for Crabtree...I don't see him getting past Oakland.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
basically, seattle signed themselves a new bobby engram, 4 years younger. yes, housh is a better player by a little, but thats the sort of production they can be looking for. fiscally, it was a terrible move for a team in full rebuilding mode.

dukdown

Banned

someone sounds like a spurned lover. "He's never going to be as good for her as I would have been." Housh is going back to the Northwest, to a great stadium, great ownership, great fans, and a pass friendly division. He's a veteran receiver who will fit in very quickly with a veteran quaterback. The only question in my mind is if Mora will be tweaking the offensive scheme much, and my guess is that he's smart enough to not do that.