Here a Flag, There a Flag, Everywhere a Flag- Flag!!!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Good googly gooks! What's up with all the laundry on the field? I've seen games this year with flags thrown on five plays in a row. I even watched a play where the ref was announcing the penalty on his microphone and by golly he threw another one before he finished telling the entire first crime. The second was on the bench but come on man! What's the record for number of penalties in a game? We're going to see that beaten. The NFL says that the flags are here to stay. What? How can they get momentum? Games may take four hours to play. Over/under on flags will be getting all of the action in Vegas. Hey NFL, this is boring!! I saw a receiver running by a defender last week on the replay you could plainly hear the DB scream to try an distract the WR that had him beaten as the ball was approaching his hand. Know what? Flag! Penalty for assaulting the dudes eardrums. Gosh almighty folks this is football, isn't it? Thus far it's looked like an elementary school yard with the assistant principal passing out slips.

jjtweeks

Yea, i hope this not a sign of things to come, I might have to record games and fast forward through all the flags. last 2 games i seen(giants/colts and skins/browns) were ridiculous with all the flags.

cctekguy

Staff member
Was really hoping it was just the refs helping to "train" the guys and that when the season started it would be back to the normal insanity.

Like the way they back down on flags in the post season, pre-season would naturally be opposite.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Blame the Hawks.... Too many guys started talking off the record about just holding and PI on every pass, knowing the refs wouldn't a flag every play... Well guess what, they are calling their bluff.

Players will adjust and passing yards will continue to sky rocket as defenders are left helpless to try to defend.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
All those penalty flags that have been thrown around for the first two weeks of the NFL preseason aren't just making fans mad, they're causing headaches in Las Vegas.

Through two weeks, NFL officials have thrown 104 flags for defensive holding, 70 for illegal use of the hands and 55 for illegal contact, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. That's 229 free first downs for opposing offenses.

More first downs equal longer drives equal a greater chance of scoring points. Vegas is in a frenzy over all of the points being scored. In week 3 of the preseason every single game has an over/under line of at least 40 points. That has never happened before.