Gronk or Hernandez in NE?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Until Welker returns and is healthy, one of them if not both will figure into Brady's route progressions and red zone strategy. So yes, they are viable. At least early on.

I wouldn't want to project quite yet until reports start surfacing from OTA's and training camp who's getting the 1st team reps.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
You are a lucky man, unlike you, neither of my balls are crystal.
:stirpot:
Or be able to be found without tweezers...... ;)

Seriously though, I still disagree with you AND Wes. You don't change your whole philosophy due to one missing player. They didn't before, and won't again. He might replace the hidden LB in red zone..but won't be a viable fantasy target. That is why they go so deep on Wrs.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Seriously though, I still disagree with you AND Wes. You don't change your whole philosophy due to one missing player. They didn't before, and won't again. He might replace the hidden LB in red zone..but won't be a viable fantasy target. That is why they go so deep on Wrs.
Is it philosophy or personnel?? They kept try to make the Ben Watson experiment work but at the end of the day he just is not a great receiver. You say you don't change a philosophy due to one missing player and I agree with that, but you can change progressions within that same scheme. One could also argue that you don't spend two picks in the first 4 rounds on pass catching TE's if you are not going to use them.

I do not think that either is going to be a top 5 TE or even top 10. But I could see Gronk in that 11-15 window at the end of the day. I don't think Hernandez will see the field enough as a pass catch only guy to make much of a difference.

MNJHNSN

:stirpot:
Or be able to be found without tweezers...... ;)

That is not what your wife said. Lol!!!!!!!!

I agree with the fact that NE took 2 Te`s in first four rounds shows the commitment to the position and its importance in today`s NFL. They did not take them to sit on the bench.