Greatest Fantasy night ever???

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I have a cuple leages that go back on MFL to 2001....and Vick's game tonight is the best fantasy game in that time. So it is of all time??? Anyone know of a better fantasy game?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
In Outlaw County scoring he is sitting at 65.65 as of 9:44 left in the 4th.

I cant think of a better game. Didnt Brady or Manning throw for 6 scores once?

cctekguy

Staff member
Mud and I were discussing this and neither of us was willing to do the leg work to find out.

We anxiously await your conclusion.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I'll do the leg work on it. Ill use OC scoring and start with the QBs who have thrown for 7 TDs in a game.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
George Blanda - 418 yards 7 TDs 1 INT 7 XPs - 72.90 points
YA Tittle - 505 yds 7 TDs - 72.25 points
Sid Luckman - 443 yards 7 TDs 1 INT- 67.15 points
Michael Vick - 333 yards 4 TDs 80 rush yards 2 TDs - 65.65 points

Luckman may have had defensive stats that game putting him at #1, but I cant find a full box score from the game.

Ernie Nevers scored 40 on the field points in one game, and NFL record, but that was in 1929 and no record can be found of his yardage.

Michael Vick put on the greatest fantasy performance of the modern era, and as you can see, one of the best of all time. You witnessed history tonight.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Nevers appears to have thrown passes as well. I was able to locate an article compiled from newspapers of the day. Nevers likely took every single snap and piled up every yard in that game, but I still cant find even a total yards record.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I researched the guys who have thrown for over 500 yards in a game in NFL history besides the ones listed above.

None come close to the scoring record of those guys or Vick, but what shocked me was almost every one of them did it in a losing effort.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i love that man :)

i haven't enjoyed a football game that much in years--and i enjoy many a game. what a thrill to watch!!!