Grant's season is over

Baldie

R Grant out for the rest of the season?

I think I just heard this on ESPN.......

I'm gonna dump J Stewart but should Jackson (back-up) be a start or should I pick up Forte?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
NOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!????????
Posted via Mobile Device

Remote Controller

Packers have signed Dimitri Nance.
Thanks Nikki!

From CBS Sportsline

Overview
Dimitri Nance is tough inside runner who is rarely tackled for a loss. He possesses a thick, compact build perfect for his playing style, and has nice vision and balance. He also displays good patience when waiting for blocks to set up and is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.
Nance was a highly decorated running back at Trinity High School, a prep football powerhouse in Euless, Texas. As a senior, he joined current Bengals running back Cedric Benson as the only two players in Texas 5A football history to rush for over 3,000 yards in a single season, as he carried 341 times for 3,173 yards and 41 touchdowns.
His performance made him a unanimous choice for District 6-5A Offensive Player of the Year honors. The prep standout received scholarship offers from Arizona State, Houston, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State and UTEP, but ultimately chose to sign with the Sun Devils.
Nance enrolled at Arizona State in 2006 and immediately began contributing as one of the top freshman backs in the Pac-10 Conference. He saw action in all but two games, despite playing behind current Washington Redskins Ryan Torain. The first-year freshman rushed for 229 yards and three touchdowns on 56 carries.
Nance again served as a backup to Torain during his sophomore season, but made his first career start against Texas in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl after Torain went down with a foot injury. He carried 18 times for 48 yards in a losing effort. Nance would finish the year gaining 500 yards and seven touchdowns on 133 carries.
Nance saw his starting duties from 2007 carry over into his junior season. He started the first six contests of the season before giving way to Keegan Herring and Shawn DeWitty. He played in 11 games and carried 105 times for 410 yards and three touchdowns while splitting time. After patiently waiting his turn, Nance emerged as the fulltime starting running back as a senior. He played in every game of the season for the first time in his career and led the team with 795 yards and six touchdowns on 188 carries. Nance also showed his value as a receiving threat, catching 28 passes for 216 yards and one touchdown. The conference coaches awarded his performance with All-Pac-10 Conference honorable mention accolades.
Analysis
Positives: Has a well-built frame with defined arm muscles, thick thighs and calves, broad shoulders and tight waist and hips … Gets into stride quickly coming out of his stance, showing the ability to pick and slide effortlessly through the holes … Has made steady improvement with his field vision and shows the short burst and strong leg drive needed to break tackles running up the middle … Runs with above average balance and body control, showing the body lean and quickness to squeeze through the smaller rush lanes … Does a good job of squaring up and getting up field when bouncing wide … More quick than fast, but runs at a low pad level to accelerate up the hole … Has the ability to make the initial tackler miss, as he is crisp when cutting back and redirecting … Displays good hand/eye coordination and body control tracking the ball in flight … Has become an effective route runner who breaks quickly in and out of his cuts … Has the natural hand-catching ability to secure the ball away from the body's frame … Shows good aggression and vision as a cut blocker, doing a nice job of locating and neutralizing linebackers upfield … Generates a strong hand punch and will not hesitate to face up to the larger pass rushers when working in pass protection, but needs better recognition skills.
Negatives: Lacks the second gear to win many long distance foot races, but compensates by taking good angles and showing above average cutting ability to redirect … Relied more on his instincts than an understanding of blocking schemes early in his career, but has made strides to improve in this area … Shows steady acceleration, but needs to recognize hole development better (sometimes runs into the pile) … Does not have the pure speed to reach the corner, but his balance and lateral agility allow him to compensate with quickness in and out of his cuts … Needs to show better awareness of stunts and schemes, as he fails to be locate the blitz and gets into poor position to make the block. Compares To: CORRELL BUCKHALTER, Denver -- Nance is a good complementary back, much like Buckhalter. There is nothing he does spectacularly, but he gives a good blue collar performance every game. He is a nice safety valve as a receiver out of the backfield and will get tough yards up the middle. He might not ever be a featured back, but he brings decent depth late in the draft. --Dave-Te' Thomas

Remote Controller

3 TD's in 14 touches last year. 1 Td this year with 2 touches already. He will get all goaline stuff, and the Packers will be there quite a bit.

He might not be rosterable, but my point was basically to temper expectations for Jackson in a non-ppr format. I bet Kuhn has double digit TD's this year with Grant gone though.

Remote Controller

3 TD's in 14 touches last year. 1 Td this year with 2 touches already. He will get all goaline stuff, and the Packers will be there quite a bit.

He might not be rosterable, but my point was basically to temper expectations for Jackson in a non-ppr format. I bet Kuhn has double digit TD's this year with Grant gone though.
Packers | Two likely to share passing down RB job Thu Sep 16, 12:29 PM
Green Bay Packers RB Brandon Jackson and RB John Kuhn likely will split timr as the passing down running back the rest of the season, reports Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.