got my draft order: 14th pick

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some drafting scenarios/ideas from everyone.

Re-draft league, 14 teams, we start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, DEF, K

Standard scoring except for 6 points for passing TD: Non-PPR

I was hoping for 7-10 pick but ended up with the 14th pick.

There's a huge Drew Brees fan in my league, this guy has drafted him for 2 years running and even drafted him with the #11 pick last year. I assume Brees will be gone as well as all of the elite running backs.

Hoping to get my hands on either AJ/Fitz/Moss and then maybe a RB or should I go with one of the stud QBs? Will be interesting, will start mock drafting from the 14 position soon.

Thank you for your thoughts.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Last is a tough spot to draft from if you have your heart set on someone. More often than not you need to let the draft come to you and go with the best value available. Some possible scenarios include going the direction you're leaning.

You could do well to go with the best WR available because in most redrafts RB's will go first leaving Moss, AJ or Calvin Johnson there for you at the 1.14. With the 2.1 you should honestly target RB and again take the best value at that point knowing you'll be looking at a long layover until you can go again.

I would not look at QB early with that draft position because you'll most certainly be better off passing on Manning/Brees/Brady and targeting a guy like Rodgers or Rivers with your third or fourth pick.

bodey24

Staff member
With your first two picks I would target two really good WR's. Your already at a disadvantage at running-back because the teams before you took the top-notch running-backs. Therefore you have to make up for that somewhere, so I think your best option would be to go WR-WR.

some great ideas guys, thank you.

Love the idea of grabbing Rivers or Rodgers with the 3rd round pick...going to be a long wait till my 3rd round pick.

I'm a little hesitant to go WR-WR, most of the start RBs will be gone by the 3rd round. I'm hoping there's a solid option at 2.1...I figure a few teams will want to draft Fitz, Brees or maybe even Brady in the 1st round. Will have to see who slips...

any other suggestions/comments are appreciated :koolaid:

Runnik's Hambones

Either WR/RB or WR/WR, IMO. Stud QBs will be taken soon because of the 6 points for passing TD. You can grab Rodgers likely with your 3rd pick.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
By picking WR-WR with your first two picks you couuld start a new trend. If a couple of owners behind you jump on board everyone might be tempted to grab a top end WR. IF that happens there could still be a quaility RB waiting for you at third. To be honest there is always a quality RB around in the third, the problem is knowing who he is. Best of luck.

By picking WR-WR with your first two picks you couuld start a new trend. If a couple of owners behind you jump on board everyone might be tempted to grab a top end WR. IF that happens there could still be a quaility RB waiting for you at third. To be honest there is always a quality RB around in the third, the problem is knowing who he is. Best of luck.

Good post.

If Moss/AJ were still on the board at 1.14 and 2.1, that would be awfully tempting. That should most likely start the WR trend and hopefully there's still some good value left in the 3rd round for RBs.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Some of the best advice I ever followed was not to go after the same position everyone in front of you is picking but rather start a new run on another position. If 11 of the owners have all went RB in front of you the proven players are gone anyway. Make up for it by taking the proven players at another position I.E. WR.