Gore for Cruz?

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Okay guys, here it is my first official trade offer that I could actually get done. This coach will actually go through with this if I deem it beneficial for my team.
10 team dynasty, 35 man rosters, PPR
Starting lineup 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex, 3idp, 1k

My lineup: Romo, S Greene, H Nicks, V Cruz, R Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, B Marshall, S Lee, D Washington, J Mayo, Matt Bryant

Backups include: L Moore, T Gonzales, M Schaub, N Burleson, B Powell, R Hillman, L Miller

So I'm hurting worst at RB. Need one. Question is....is Gore good enough for Cruz or Nicks? He'll do either guy. Nicks is banged up a lot but he's WR1. At worst I can expect a career like Andre Johnson. At best, STUD. Cruz...ummm not sure what to think long term..but right now he's the better guy.

Would you guys do it? Is Gore my man? He's 27....with some young guys salivating. 49ers are on fire. Is this the play that puts me in contention this year? I'm 2-2 but putting up some serious points. I win this week if Romo doesn't throw 5 picks.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I say go for it. This trade will improve your team as you really do not have a RB. Greene is not going to do anything more that what he has already done and that is close to nothing.

You are pretty loaded at WR, I would suggest you try to get another back by offering Lance Moore right after he has a big game. Moore is capable of putting up good points but he is way too inconsistent to know when to play him. Better to get some value out of him through a trade if you can.

Seriously you have a 35 man roster?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
In dynasty there's no way I give up Cruz for an over the hill RB. I wouldn't give up Mr. Injured Nicks either for that matter but certainly not Cruz.

gruntbusters

So the coach will take either Nicks or Cruz....with Nicks being an injury concern....which would you trade away? Nicks is a year younger and the true WR1, Cruz is 25 and the WR2 but I am not sure what his contract situation looks like. Think he's around for awhile?

gruntbusters

In dynasty there's no way I give up Cruz for an over the hill RB. I wouldn't give up Mr. Injured Nicks either for that matter but certainly not Cruz.

Would you do it if you were a contending team that is missing a piece and the following have been proven to be unatainable: Sproles, McCoy, Charles, Murray, Spiller, Rice, Foster, McFadden, T Richardson, Martin, Peterson, Matthews.

The one guy that I think I might be able to still get is Forte. The price will be significantly larger than a young WR though. It's a pretty competitive league. My only other option will be to snag something off the Wire or draft one (which if I keep this up I'll end up late first round).

Gore is 27. Not horrible.

gruntbusters

For the record, I also just threw out Romo plus my 1st rounder next year for Tom Brady. Different coach.

gruntbusters

I believe that Cruz is the real deal and he plays unlike Nicks.

Agreed. The crazy thing is, the ONLY offers I was getting from the really competitive coaches (experts if you will) was for Nicks. They wouldn't' consider Cruz. Made me question the long term efficacy of Cruz I guess.

gruntbusters

would do it for Nicks

I'm tempted as well. I don't want to pull another bad move like I did a few years ago when I sent Andre Johnson for Ronnie Brown, but as it turns out Johnson has been hurt more than he's played....glad I no longer had him but the value I got back sucked. Gore is 27, do you see him hanging it up or slowing down next year? The year after? How long do you feel like he still starts and is studly? Love the offense he's in now.

jjtweeks

He hasn't shown that he is replaceable by poor perfomance and seems to be in good shape. It's hard to say in a dynasty but Nicks, though young, has constant health issues. Thats the only reason i am leaning that way and because of this year in general you need help at rb

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
IMO he will not be putting up studly numbers for this entire season. Gore is being fazed out of the passing game starting last year and may well lose goal line carries when Jacobs returns. Gore is not elite.

gruntbusters

IMO he will not be putting up studly numbers for this entire season. Gore is being fazed out of the passing game starting last year and may well lose goal line carries when Jacobs returns. Gore is not elite.

Totally understand that Mud...and thanks for that perspective. It's tough, none of those other RB's are even attainable. I'm going to burn my waiver wire pick on Joique Bell this week since he seems to be involved in the passing game a bit and has generally produced better than Greene every week except Week 1 thus far. But he is still going to be a 10 to 15 pt/game kind of guy. Gore I think puts up 15 to 20 each week regardless of how many balls he catches.

I could end up just being patient and see how Hillman, Powell and L Miller end up doing later in the season. It's possible Powell is a servicable RB for me. I just can't lose many more games here in the near future. I just fell from 1st to 3rd in my division with a 2-2 record. One game behind.

gruntbusters

So the more I think about the fact that Jacobs is coming back, and the amount of work Hunter has been getting I'm getting cold feet. Damn...I need a RB! ARRGGGGGG ...wow...my inner pirate came out...sorry about that.