Good keeper team but need trade help

brtdud7

12 team 5 keeper PPR

Current list of keepable players:
QB: Brees
RB: Mendenhall, Forte, Moreno
WR: Roddy, Jennings, Nicks, Colston

I know I probably can't get much for Moreno, but I'm looking to deal Forte/Mendenhall + Jennings for a top 5 RB. Now, a guy's current keepers are Rodgers/Charles/P. Thomas/Grant/Lloyd. I sent him an offer of Brees/Forte/Jennings/Colston for Rodgers/Charles/#31 overall pick (3rd round). He countered with Forte/Jennings for Charles.

Do you think I should really try to do the deal to get Rodgers even if I have to add a draft pick? Or should I go just for Charles?

JScott

Administrator
Take the Forte/Jennings for Charles deal now!

Your five without the deal would probably be: Brees/Mendy/Forte/Roddy/Nicks.

With the deal: Brees/Mendy/Charles/Roddy/Nicks.

In PPR Charles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forte.

cctekguy

Staff member
Wow, brtdud...

Not sure exactly what you're going for.

Brees, Forte, Roddy, Jennings and Nicks look like pretty sweet keepers to me assuming you can start 3 WR.

If I were selling the farm for a top 5 RB the first thing I would do is target a top 5 RB. Yeah, I know Charles is ranked in the top 5 and looks pretty sweet in PPR but he won't get the goal line duties. Forte is the do-everything back in Chicago and the Bears did nothing (yet) that indicates they won't abuse Forte again this season. I prefer Forte over Charles despite the rankings.

Same with Brees and Rogers. I love Rogers to death but don't think the difference in fantasy points will be enough to justify pitching in a Mendenhall or a Jennings. Brees also comes without much injury risk.

I think I would set my sights a little lower on the RB and try to move jennings/Mendenhall for DMac, Rice or McCoy.

brtdud7

Well the point is I need 5 keepers and right now have 7 keepable players. The only players that anyone has shown interest in are Jennings and Forte. I have to trade both Jennings and Forte at least to get an upgrade at RB.

It is a 2RB/3WR/1 WRT flex lineup. What I'm trying to do here is go into the draft with a QB, 2 RB, and 2 WR to have a nice balanced roster. I will be keeping Roddy and Nicks for sure, Brees, and Mendenhall/Forte plus another.

I'm trying to get a deal done where I get down to 5 keepers, and I feel this guy has the best opportunity for me to do so I can get rid of a few extra players who are better keepers for him, get 2 really good keepers and maybe a pick.

I'll try to fish around the league for more deals though. I was also debating whether Forte or Mendenhall would be better in PPR

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Take the Forte/Jennings for Charles deal now!

Your five without the deal would probably be: Brees/Mendy/Forte/Roddy/Nicks.

With the deal: Brees/Mendy/Charles/Roddy/Nicks.

In PPR Charles >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forte.

I can agree here. First, you have great depth. I too favor Charles over Forte. So that is a huge win for you. Granted you lose Jennings...but you do have Nicks so you can protect White at Wr. I would do this deal.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Do you guys think it matters if I had to replace Forte with Mendenhall to get it done?

In PPR I like Forte more. with the offense that Martz uses, Forte will get many, many more receptions.

I would have no issue with trading Mendenhall instead.

brtdud7

lol update

Just traded Moreno and my 1.11 pick for the 1.6 pick. So basically moved up 5 places in 1st round for Moreno who I wasn't going to keep

Will update with possible deal with Charles guy soon for advice

Coachnorm

lol update

Just traded Moreno and my 1.11 pick for the 1.6 pick. So basically moved up 5 places in 1st round for Moreno who I wasn't going to keep

Will update with possible deal with Charles guy soon for advice

That is great!

brtdud7

Just traded Jennings for the 3.6 pick to round out my 5 keepers (so I got back the 3rd from the Brees trade plus 6 spots)

I got pretty screwed over value but no one would upgrade for Jennings and he was going to go #1 otherwise