Free Agent Wr Steve Breaston hits the road.

Coachnorm

Free-agent WR Steve Breaston (Chiefs) will visit the Cleveland Browns this week, according to a source. The Steelers -- with Breaston's former coach, Todd Haley, on board as offensive coordinator -- have been considered the front-runners to land the wideout, but the Browns figure to be in position to offer a better deal.

gizzil

NOPE

(I'm not coach and probably this was rhetorical but)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
In the right setting Breaston can be very effective, he was a solid slot WR for Arizona and fill in for Boldin during injuries. He is not a #1, and or a consistant #2 for a team. But in the slot could be very effective.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I guess my memories bad because I only remember one decent to good year and that was when he was a fill in as you said. Since then I think he'd have been a disapointment to me if I'd have owned him.

Coachnorm

Miller would be good for some feedback on this one as I have seen him roll the dice on Breaston in a couple of leagues.

PhiCin is right he was a decent slot guy in Ariz. Unfortunately, a decent slot guy can be very valuable to a team as a clutch chain mover but may not make much of a starter in a Non-PPR format.