Fred Taylor Signs with the Patriots

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:wow: Some of us called this one. I really thought Buffalo was interested, especially since I have seen some rumors of trading Lynch away due to his off field issues.

With how NE uses backs...this is a nice fit.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but doesn't this just scream New England?

Taylor isn't exactly upset like some of the guys before (Moss, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon), but he's a guy that has been stuck on the same team for a long time, on the wrong side of his career, has something to prove, and wants a ring.

And in New England, he can even "start" still and split plays with the other backs like Kevin Faulk depending on the package Belichick puts on the field.

http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f2/fred-taylor-released-jags-25682/#post282090

:banana: :pickle: :banana:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i do think this is a perfect fit for both parties. taylor can produce well for another few years and will play a great team role. he gives the patriots a sure veteran that they can turn to when they need to run the clock.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I think this will be a great fit for Taylor. And it seems like the Pats have given up on Maroney. I don't blame them. He has been a huge dissapointment.