Foster for Brees Trade Advice

Nafstejyn

I have been offered a trade - I get Drew Brees for Arian Foster and DeSean Jackson.

12 team PPR league (.5), Ive got Kevin Kolb, Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, DeSean Jackson and Zach Miller as my regular starting roster. Hightower, Bush, Gaffney, Jacoby Jones on the bench.

I'm leaning towards taking this trade. Thoughts? Thanks.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I wouldn't do it. You'd be giving up your #2 runner and receiver, with no real replacement for either. If you had the depth for it sure, but in the long run, this trade will spell disaster for you.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
I have been offered a trade - I get Drew Brees for Arian Foster and DeSean Jackson.

12 team PPR league (.5), Ive got Kevin Kolb, Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, DeSean Jackson and Zach Miller as my regular starting roster. Hightower, Bush, Gaffney, Jacoby Jones on the bench.

I'm leaning towards taking this trade. Thoughts? Thanks.

wow, nice team you've got there. do you have a backup QB? because you're gonna have to do something while kolb is (most likely) out recovering from his concussion. brees is, of course, a nice option, but who else is available on the WW?

actually i think you have enough depth at RB to handle the loss of foster--i'm a big fan of (reggie?) bush in ppr and hightower is looking good as long as wells is out...

d.jax is your WR3 (wow, what a luxury!) so i guess you can deal with losing him but do you really want to start gaffney/jones every week?

i think i would try to tweak the offer a bit i.e. offer him a lesser WR in combo with foster or ask for another player (i.e. WR3) along with Brees. you could also use an upgrade at TE so maybe he could throw something like that in...

:dunno:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Your team is great as is, see if you can trade T.Hightower, R.Bush or Gaffney for a lesser QB such as J.Flacco or similar in ranking.

As mentioned by Danny West (above) you will be heading for disaster.

Nafstejyn

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I guess I got a little panicky this morning with both my QB's (Kolb and Stafford) being down for the count. Vick is available on the wire in my league, and maybe I'm better off trying to grab him and another backup QB until Kolb is ready to play again, instead of giving up Foster and DJax.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I guess I got a little panicky this morning with both my QB's (Kolb and Stafford) being down for the count. Vick is available on the wire in my league, and maybe I'm better off trying to grab him and another backup QB until Kolb is ready to play again, instead of giving up Foster and DJax.

:thumbsup:

JackG1980

WOW thats an RB1 and WR1 for Brees. Thats way too much. You could probably trade Foster straight up for Brees. I was already offered Steven Jackson, M. Turner, or R. Moss for Foster. Also the guy with Adrian Peterson wants him bad and I said I would trade him straight up. He actually said he will think about it but then he came back and said he can not do that right now.

Nafstejyn

WOW thats an RB1 and WR1 for Brees. Thats way too much. You could probably trade Foster straight up for Brees. I was already offered Steven Jackson, M. Turner, or R. Moss for Foster. Also the guy with Adrian Peterson wants him bad and I said I would trade him straight up. He actually said he will think about it but then he came back and said he can not do that right now.

Yeah, you're right, it is too much. Now that my panic mode is over, I'm not doing this trade, LOL

#1bears fan

Derek Anderson not as bad as we thought I was never high on Kolb anyway grab him off WW!!!! Anderson Foster and Jackson will put up more numbers than Brees and whoever else you would stat!!