Flex Advice for Week 1

Baldie

Who should I start at the Flex? I'm kind of leaning towards Boldin but what do you think?

Boldin vs GB
Thompkins @ Buf
L Miller @ Cle
Hilton vs Oak
F Jackson vs NE

Starting WR: Austin and A Johnson
Starting RB: AP and Gore

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
std scoring, I much prefer to use an RB if I can. Miller vs. Cleveland may be tough, but it will be low scoring, so lots of running. Just my opinion though

wical34

My reality check bounced.
I like Miller at the flex in this scoring system. He will see his fair share of carries and will have a few yards receiving to add to it. Not saying he will score a TD, but I like his chances better than Boldin, as he'll (Miller) have the ball in his hands more.

cctekguy

Staff member
That's so conservative, Axe.

Are you generally a "take the 3" guy instead of a "go for it on 4th" guy?

wical34

Hard to resist Ty Hilton for the home run

No need unless he played Peyton..

Miller is just as much of a home run threat as TY..

Miller can get on the outside and break out just like TY can beat people down the field. The smart option that will lead you to wins, is to go Miller until TY proves that he is consistent enough to use.

Last year Cleveland defense gave up almost 120 yds rushing a game. Also 14 TD's. Not saying they aren't better, but since when has the #19 rushing defense scared off a starting RB?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm facing a familiar decision for my flex in my $$ league.

I keep bouncing from Miller to Shorts or DeSean. Right now I have Miller penciled in. Yesterday it was Jackson and Monday I had Cecil starting. I seem to keep coming back to Miller though. I'm letting the BS out of Miami about slow foot Daniels being an equal (when I know he isn't) interfere with my thinking process.

wical34

Cecil drops off with Gabbert starting.. Desean is interesting, but still not sure what that game plan will entail. I think Desean will be more involved and could be Vick's go to guy. Still like Miller in standard scoring though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Cecil drops off with Gabbert starting.. Desean is interesting, but still not sure what that game plan will entail. I think Desean will be more involved and could be Vick's go to guy. Still like Miller in standard scoring though.
I'm ppr and have decided to roll with DeSean this week. That darn MN game action has suckered me in again.