Fitz

efactor

Coming at you
There have been rumors of the 49ers being interested in Revis, but I am more interested in what it would take to pry Fitz away from the Cardinals. Contrary to some opinions that the Cardinals are just a QB away from contending, I think they need 3-4 years to rebuild through the draft to be serious contenders. As great as Fitz is, I just don't see him as a piece of the puzzle that would make or break the Cardinals in the next few years.

Since the Niners first round pick will be 31 or 32, I wouldn't be adverse to them trading their first and maybe a 3rd or 4th for Fitz. They have some cap space and he would make that offense scary.

Just a thought.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, until they do fix the Qb situation, they are wasting money on Fitz, as he can't really help them.

on the other hand, if you really do want to help the new Qb out, having Fitz to throw to will help immensely.

bobbeaux

maybe trade alex smith + for fitz . . . ;)

i saw earlier where there was trade talk of smith + for revis with the jets . . . fitz would make more sense to me . . . ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't see 'Zona parting ways with Fitz and especially not in a trade for Smith who will likely be free as a bird in a few weeks.

gizzil

maybe they would take devin hester for him... devin's an up and coming receiver....