Felix Jones: Boom or Bust in 09'

Indeed.

The entire Cowboys offense is worth waiting on.

I'm an actor, so I'll be taking the order. Or a waiter with a fetish for plump packer chicks. or both.

I can't afford therapy so I drive through the parking lot at the mall and cut people off for good parking spots. And then move once they drive by.

Mike

Administrator
I am a big believer in Felix Jones. Many Hog fans honestly felt that he was the better of the running backs in Arkansas in terms of overall ability. One of McFadden's family members that I worked with last year put them both as near equals.

Hard to figure on stats though, as the Cowboys running back situation is going to be messed up to start the year. Barber is the starter, but there is a big push to bring Felix into that role. Then with Choice demanding some touches as well, we could easily be looking at a "Denver type" frustration when it comes to which running back to put in a lineup on any given week for a while.

Great situation for the team, annoying situation for fantasy football.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
True, but a lot of these pre-season assumptions come with some facts and stats attached to them that help us handicap what we think these players are capable of.

We keep going back and forth over stupid details, yet I'm still waiting for a good argument why a guy like Mendy is more valuable than Felix.
In the end, there is no good argument for Mendy. It's just your gut saying that Willie is going to get hurt or Mendy is going to get goal line carries. Where are you getting this shit?

If you're going to argue a point, make the point and back it up man. This is getting a little old.

You are right we are hashing over stupid details, but since we have already ventured down the road of immaturity I will stick out my tongue and claim the last word.

What I see you saying here is that your assumption of Felix Jones' value which is based on 6 games last year is more valid and correct than my assumption of Willie Parker missing games which is based on several years.

Just wanted to make sure my understanding was accurate...

:nannie:

You are right we are hashing over stupid details, but since we have already ventured down the road of immaturity I will stick out my tongue and claim the last word.

What I see you saying here is that your assumption of Felix Jones' value which is based on 6 games last year is more valid and correct than my assumption of Willie Parker missing games which is based on several years.

Just wanted to make sure my understanding was accurate...

:nannie:
immature? ER? Who is this Deacon dude?

Have both.

Remember this: Pitt took Rashard because he was too valuable to pass on.

Dallas took Felix over Mendenhall on purpose.

That cat Razorback is gonna get plenty o chance, while the dude from Illinois is gonna get time.

Parker ain't done. MB3 could almost be.

and, ummm Felix as good as the Razorback Raider? I asked that question two years ago. stupid question.

ExperiencedRookie

Not sure where all this Willie Parker injury crap is coming from. Outside from last year he only missed 2 games in the previous 3 years.

I want to return this thread to where we started. The biggest ding on Felix was that he couldn't be depended on. The claim was that 1 day he would score 3 fantasy points, and the next he would score 15.

At least he has proved he is capable of a 15 point day.

Is Mendy? He might be. I'm not sure. What I have to consider when gauging value though is what has he done recently.

19 carries for 58 yards, 2 rec for 17 yards, no TDs.

30 carries for 266 yards, 2 rec for 10 yards, 3 TDs. 16 returns for 434 yards, 1 TD.

Both players are #2 in a RBBC behind injury prone RBs. Both players are 2nd year players who suffered season ending injuries. Both players have a 3rd RB behind them who has proven more useful in the previous year.

These guys are in such similar situations it's scary. So what do you do when considering 2 players who are so identical? You look at the stats!

If you're going to select the guy with 58 yards, you go right ahead. I guess I can't convince you any different even though you can't make 1 realistic argument why he's more valuable.

We haven't even touched on guys like Sproles or Jamaal Charles either. If you wanna go there, we can do that, but frankly it's pointless. You'll just get owned statistically again and you'll make arguments based on assumptions.

Oh, and as far as me getting immature.. we're not even close to the highest level of immaturity I can reach. :nannie:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Careful Little Bighead. You're revisiting a very dangerous and intense thread.

Felix love is persecuted in this thread.
:headscratch: Why is it when someone has their point of view critiqued....it is intense?

Last time i checked....everyone is allowed their own opinion......no matter how wrong your is.:)