Favre rumor

maverick824

not that I'm one for getting on topic, but there is an interesting tangent that can come out of all this Favre drama, and everyone seems to be letting it slip......

If Favre comes back to Minny, does that mean that Madden will now "unretire??" :thumbsup:

GBG

Loser
If I remember correctly, doesn't Favre require some surgery yet on his arm?

In his right shoulder, he has a partial tear of the biceps tendon and some calcification. The tear is located near the acromioclavicular joint making arthroscopic surgery a quick repair. Supposedly, the tear being in this area deems surgery a non-necessity. Favre has averred many times that he is not electing to have surgery on this injury.

He had a similar injury to his left shoulder three years ago when he played for Green Bay and also avoided surgery then, too. The tendon finally released on its own and all was well. He is expecting the same thing to occur in this case, too. The purpose of arthroscopic surgery would be to provide relief from pain immediately instead of just waiting it out.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He had a similar injury to his left shoulder three years ago when he played for Green Bay and also avoided surgery then, too. The tendon finally released on its own and all was well. He is expecting the same thing to occur in this case, too. The purpose of arthroscopic surgery would be to provide relief from pain immediately instead of just waiting it out.

Very astute post (as usual). ESPN's Stephania Bell would be jealous.

(Here's the inevitable "but") But...

A biceps injury on a QB's non-throwing arm may be annoying, but largely insignificant as long as he can take a snap from under center.
On his throwing arm however, it can be a showstopper. I'll reference the Jets record last year before he suffered the injury (8-3), then after (1-4). Not to mention when this injury surfaced previously, he was 36, now he's 39 going on 40 and he'll be seriously stressing that area of the arm every time he drops back, cocks his arm, and releases.
Obviously he'll downplay the need for surgery. I mean he's interviewing for a 2009 job, after all, and his honesty is not his strong suit as of late.

On a related note, Bus Cook is starting to closely resemble one of Nixon's staff members during the Watergate scandal. First, the Cutler snafu, and now this, after last year's version of "this".

Remote Controller

A built in buddy.
-------------------------------------
-- Vikings Could Sign Mark Tauscher --
Wed May 6, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Pioneer Press reports not only is QB Brett Favre likely to sign with the Vikings, assuming his right arm is healthy, but it wouldn't be surprising if his former Packers OT Mark Tauscher also comes to Minnesota. Tauscher, 31, is a 6-foot-3, 315-pound Green Bay free-agent right tackle who is coming off knee surgery. If he is healthy, he could split time with rookie OT Phil Loadholt.

Remote Controller

Vikings | K. Williams would welcome Favre Wed May 6, 03:00 PM
Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Kevin Williams said he would welcome the addition of retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) to the team. 'He's a great guy. I think he just had a tough end to the season last year but he started out so well I think he definitely still can play. If he came back to our team and [is] going to help us we'd definitely want to take him,' Williams said.

Remote Controller

Vikings | Reportedly split about adding Favre Wed May 6, 03:34 PM
Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports people in the Minnesota Vikings organization are split on whether to attempt to sign retired QB Brett Favre (Jets). The organization has yet to discuss the possibility of signing Favre. Head coach Brad Childress has decided to meet with Favre on his own and was not told to do so by the team.

Remote Controller

Vikings | Berrian believes Favre would be great addition
Comment (0) Wed, 06 May 2009 15:49:34 -0700
Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bernard Berrian said he believes retired QB Brett Favre (Jets) would be a great addition to the team. "He would be a great addition to the team. He's a great player. He's done so much for the NFL by himself. He definitely would bring leadership to the team. I think it would be great. He's been in the league for 17, 18 years and to have a player of his caliber come in, it speaks volumes for what he can do for this team," Berrian said.

dukdown

Banned
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that free agent Brett Favre is willing to undergo a "minor" procedure on his torn right biceps tendon that would allow him to play football this season.

Favre is reportedly "anxious" to sign with Minnesota and prepared to get the arm fixed. Surgeons would cut the tendon and the rehab period "would be quick." Favre and Brad Childress will continue their meetings today in Hattiesburg. We're expecting a resolution by early next week at the latest.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i think at this point maybe favre needs to play in one of those games like the matches they have at wrestlemania for ric flair, where he either wins and has a shot at another comeback or else the nfl forces him to retire forever. that would be high drama and a hit for fans. whats the downside? there is none.

GBG

Loser
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that free agent Brett Favre is willing to undergo a "minor" procedure on his torn right biceps tendon that would allow him to play football this season.

So, this tells us that he is going to get the bicep snipped instead of waiting for it to release on it's on. That's a pretty common thing to do with this injury when you are looking for the quickest healing time. Which, obviously, translates into him wanting to play this year.

I wasn't going to believe any of the rumors about him going to the Vikes or wanting to play this season until I actually heard that he was going to have the surgery. To me, that's the smoking gun. He wasn't going to be able to play effectively without going through with it.

As a Packer fan, this is turning out to be a very sad time.

Runnik's Hambones

As much as I would LOVE to see Brett play still, do you guys think he's got a full 16 games in him? At this point I can't help but shake the feeling that his focus is going to be those 2 games against GB.