Favre rumor

ExperiencedRookie

Where does this undying allegiance to Brett Favre come from?

GRRRR:xpissed:

I'm certain that Brett could join the Vikings this year, throw twice as many INTs as TDs and people would still shower him with praise.

He'd probably make the pro bowl that he has no intention of attending to boot....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
(Note: This list documents records held by Dan Marino. ) These tell me he was a great QB. But to say a 47 year old man who hasnt played since being pimp slapped into retirement by the Jags could come into the league right now and throw for 6,000 yards is crazy.

• Most Yards Passing, Season: 5,084 in 1984
  • Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Career: 13
  • Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Season: 4 in 1984
  • Most Games, 300 or more Yards Passing, Career: 63
  • Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Career: 21
  • Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Season: 6 in 1984
  • Most Seasons Leading League, Attempts: 5 (1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997)
  • Most Seasons Leading League, Completions: 6 (1984-86, 1988, 1992, 1997)
  • Most Seasons, 40 or more Touchdown Passes: 2 (1984, 1986)
  • 100 TD Passes in Fewest Number of Games to Start Career: 44 (9/7/1986 at San Diego)
  • 200 TD passes in Fewest Number of Games to Start Career: 89 (9/17/1989 at New England)
  • 300 TD passes in Fewest Number of Games to Start Career: 157 (9/4/1994 vs. New England)
  • Highest TD-INT differential: +168

ExperiencedRookie

Dearborn couldn't have possibly meant that.

If I'm Dearborn though, I don't want my favorite QB of all time in the same category as that jerk Brett Favre.

DearbornDolfan

Dearborn couldn't have possibly meant that.

The hell I didn't. If Mr. I-Can't-Take-A-Sack-Without-A-Meltdown can do 4,000, then you can bet Marino could do it. I'm fairly confident Miami's line can protect Marino for the two seconds it would take him to find and throw to a target. Yeah, it'd kill Brown's fantasy value, but to see Marino school the rest of the league as to who the greatest QB of all time is, I could live with it.

If I'm Dearborn though, I don't want my favorite QB of all time in the same category as that jerk Brett Favre.

People can try, but it rings hollow. The biggest difference, though, is character. Marino had the opportunity to go to Minnesota to continue playing and retired because he couldn't hurt Miami's fans like that. Brett, on the other hand, has used Green Bay continuously in a quest for personal glory and when they said they couldn't use him anymore he used New York for an entire year by giving them false hope and retiring in a round-about stunt to go to the Vikings and gain "revenge".

The best thing that can be said about Favre at this point is that he basically gave Miami the division title last year. It was an awesome gift made sweeter by the fact that it was taken from the one player I loath the most.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Why do I like Brett Favre?

Brett Favre showed up to work every damn day.
Brett Favre played his game at a high level for years after other guys quit.
Brett Favre was never out for six weeks with a pulled gooch.
Brett Favre made the average outstanding
Love him or hate him, you always watch Brett Favre
Brett Favre once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
Brett Favre can win a game of connect 4 in only 3 moves

Thats why.

GBG

Loser
Why do I like Brett Favre?

Brett Favre showed up to work every damn day.
Brett Favre played his game at a high level for years after other guys quit.
Brett Favre was never out for six weeks with a pulled gooch.
Brett Favre made the average outstanding
Love him or hate him, you always watch Brett Favre
Brett Favre once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
Brett Favre can win a game of connect 4 in only 3 moves

Thats why.

Sounds like Favre and Chuck Norris are related. :grin:

DearbornDolfan

Dan Marino never threw a fade lob, he threw a laser-into-the-endzone-and-you-better-freaking-catch-it
Dan Marino always gave a receiver a second chance, it's just that more often than not that second chance came with a broken hand.
Dan Marino did not accept or tolerate failure
Dan Marino always gave 100% for his team and received it in return
Dan Marino once performed an emergency amputation of a DB's hands with a football
Dan Marino is and always will be a Miami Dolphin

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
People can try, but it rings hollow. The biggest difference, though, is character. Marino had the opportunity to go to Minnesota to continue playing and retired because he couldn't hurt Miami's fans like that.

Hollow my ass. At best, Marino is Favre's equal, only Favre went to the big dance and won it.

Sure Marino could have went to Minnesota. He couldnt hurt the fans? Nah, I think Jacksonville showed him the game was over. No one would have been hurt had he been forced to leave like Favre was, right wrong or indifferent, and no one would have shamed Marino for not wanting a 62-7 ass kicking as his last act on the field.

This is from the mouth of Marino himself on why he turned down the Vikings and retired:

That is a good question. Boy, I really struggled with this. This has been the toughest month of my life as far as dealing with playing football or retiring. After the season, I pretty much thought that I was not going to play anymore and I felt that way for a while and I think it was because of the physical aspects of the game. It kept coming back to how my legs felt during last season, going through the neck injury; not knowing whether I was going to be able to throw the football, and family reasons also, but Claire and the kids, they were great. They wanted me to play, be honest with you. Really, it was my decision, a family decision and a health decision.

Marino later admitted that he seriously considered the offer from the Vikings, but that he turned it down not because of his arm, but because he wasn't sure that his legs could take another season.

Don't for one second try to paint Favre as the devil for having the fire and passion to play and try to paint Marino as a saint. Marino retired because he knew he was finished. Favre may not feel that way. He can still play at a high level most 25 year olds would love to have. Marino couldnt then and damn sure couldnt now.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Dan Marino never threw a fade lob, he threw a laser-into-the-endzone-and-you-better-freaking-catch-it
Dan Marino always gave a receiver a second chance, it's just that more often than not that second chance came with a broken hand.
Dan Marino did not accept or tolerate failure
Dan Marino always gave 100% for his team and received it in return
Dan Marino once performed an emergency amputation of a DB's hands with a football
Dan Marino is and always will be a Miami Dolphin

Dan Marino couldnt throw the fade lob

I believe the remaining have been said of Favre many times, except being a Dolphin of course.

DearbornDolfan

Couldn't or didn't need to? Cause there's a big difference. I actually can't believe you're questioning the skill set of one of the most talented QB to ever play the game.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im not questioning one of the greats. Im questioning your belief he could walk into 2009 and throw for 6000 yards. Im also challenging your beliefs about Favre and Marino pertaining to their character.