(Fantasy Football ) Tier rankings for all positions

Jvirtue55

Tier 2 looks a little stuffed and Tier 1 looks a little short.

I can't help but want to see Calvin Johnson moved up to Tier 1.

I'm also very very high on Reggie Wayne this year. Not sure if he is Tier 1 material though. I think he's very close.

I wanted someone else to think Calvin was tier 1 worry about QBs but i moved him up

ExperiencedRookie

Looking at the TEs now.

Id certainly be moving Owen Daniels up. He was 3rd in receptions, and 5th in yards among TEs last year. If he's top 5 in both of those categories, he should be Tier 2 material.

I think Dallas Clark deserves a Tier 1 spot, especially with increasing targets coming his way this year.

I also think Zach Miller, and Visanthe Shiancoe deserve a look at moving up a Tier.

Also, where is Bo Scaife? 7th in yards and 13th in receptions last year warrants a Tier 4 spot.

ExperiencedRookie

No offense, but that makes you blind. With every official absolutely refusing to even discuss how Pat White will be used, that's a big neon sign saying they have something nasty up their sleeve.

Where is his true value though?

Is he going to be throwing for 100+ yards per game and tossing TDs?

Is he going to be split out wide and catching 3+ passes for 50+ yards a game?

Is he going to be hitting the wildcat and busting 50 yards rushing per game?

He may be used in these fashions, but I think we have to face the facts here.

He is not the best QB on this team. He is not the best RB on this team. He is not the best WR on this team.

So unless he's doing some running, gunning, and receiving EVERY game, he won't impact the fantasy value of Ronnie Brown that much, which is what we are discussing here.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
I truly hope Hass falls this far, and I have a hunch he will. He is currently a key target in my drafting strategy this year. The 2nd year TE, the addition of Housh, and the extra work they a putting in is really enticing for the price.

completely agree, at least for now. hass will be a primary QB target for me, and i dont mind having a "weak" backup that i take around the same time as i snag hass. i think he'll be right back in that good-not-great tier like he is every other year.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
jason witten should be in tier 1 all by himself, and i might leave a tier 2 buffer zone in there too. hes in for a MONSTER year if he can stay healthy.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Tier 1
 New Orleans
 New England
 Indianapolis
Tier 2
 Arizona
 San Diego
 Dallas
 Green Bay
 Philadelphia
Tier 3
 Atlanta
 Houston
 Chicago
Tier 4
 Cincinnati
 Kansas City
 Seattle
 Pittsburg
Tier 5
 Denver
 Buffalo
 Baltimore
 New York Giants
 Miami
 Carolina

So Start the Debate

i wouldnt put brees in that top group yet. i know he was awesome last season, but he just doesnt have consistent enough TDs to stay up there imo.

matt ryan should be at least in the same tier as aaron rodgers imo. they have basically the same experience, and i would say ryan has just as good of targets, or maybe better.

i might try more like:
tier 1 - brady, manning
tier 2 - brees, warner, romo
tier 3 - rivers, rodgers, ryan, mcnabb, palmer, hasselbeck, big ben

not sure if i keep all those in the 3rd tier or move some down, but thats about where id start.

Remote Controller

jason witten should be in tier 1 all by himself, and i might leave a tier 2 buffer zone in there too. hes in for a MONSTER year if he can stay healthy.
I tend to agree, but am starting to feel Gonzo is gonna go off again and should be included with him. I know that goes against everything that I am used to in Fantasy football, but i feel Gonzo and White are gonna be huge.

ExperiencedRookie

I agree that Witten is easily the best TE. He is going to be targeted more than his fair share this year.

However, how far ahead of the next guy is he really? Will Witten have 10 more receptions than the next TE? Will he have 100 more yards? Will he have 2 more TDs?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i would put witten somewhere around 100 / 1200 / 9 right now. and i wouldnt be surprised to see him better any or all of those three stats.

do you have any TE putting up 90/1100/7? i bet you dont.

i think its possible we may be looking at the greatest fantasy TE season of all time if he stays healthy.

Nice job JV. Would have been nice if each position could have been separated. Here are a few comments from the peanut gallery

Tier 1
New Orleans: My initial impression was this is a Brees ranking NOT NO in general but then I remembered they have Joey AND Mark Brunell. Nice.

Arizona: I would refer you to Coach's post.

Indianapolis: I got no beef against Sorgi but think the team as a hole is entering that slippery slope as they begin to retool

Tier 2
New England: I can't say the same for NE. Brady coming off an injury and having Matt/Brian/Kevin as the backups bumps the team down a little in my mind

San Diego: I liked Volek as a back up... a couple years ago and Whitehurst is still unproven. I do not dislike this tier for them but definitely think this is a team that could pay dearly if Rivers goes down.

Dallas: Not a Romo fan but I think Kitna is an upgrade over Johnson and McGee is a good project for the future.

Green Bay: Due to the inexperience and new QB smell still on the 2 backups I can see why you do not have them higher but I would bump them up over Dallas and SD at least.

Philadelphia: Kolb showed promise when given the opportunity. If he has continued to improve while on the sideline I have no problem with the team at tier 2 - if not though they would fall right through tier 3.

Tier 3
Atlanta: Unless you are really considering Vick at Ryans backup I would drop the team QB ranking as Redman/Shockley/Wilson doesn't work for me.

Cleveland: Not saying either are going to pan out to be perennial Pro Bowlers but Quinn and Anderson is about as solid depth wise as an NFL team is going to get. You don't get the production of teams with a star but you avoid the dip (when healthy) as well if 1 goes down.

Kansas City: Cassel may have been a great move for them but I still believe Thig's showed enough to demonstrate the QB position was not their primary need.

New York Giants: Carr showed signs of pulling out of the shell shocked induced coma from his Texan past and provides solid depth.

Miami: Being a U of M fan I may be overvaluing Henne but the addition of White makes this a truely interesting option.

Jvirtue55

Thanks you guys for all your imput

Now let me try to reply to as many things as I can remeber

I dont think White will be a huge fantasy player I just think he will take yards away from everyone else

I totally Forgot about Scaife and I will be bumping up Daniels I mix Daniels and Scheffler up alot so my bad

I dont have a problem moving Clark up to the bottom of tier 1 but in my mind he ia a round later then any of the three I have in tier 1

On to Witten I will repectfully disagree I think he is the number 1 tight end, but im not sure if he is the much about every one else. In Dallas he is there only proven reciever if Roy comes around his value goes up but if they can single cover Roy then you are looking at double and tripple teams every time so ill keep him with Gonzo and Gates in the number 1 tier

Jvirtue55

Here is the updated one with some of the changes and some im still sitting on

Quarter Backs
Tier 1
 New Orleans
 New England
 Indianapolis
Tier 2
 Arizona
 San Diego
 Dallas
 Green Bay
Tier 3
 Philadelphia
 Atlanta
 Houston
 Chicago
Tier 4
 Cincinnati
 Kansas City
 Seattle
 Pittsburg
Tier 5
 Denver
 Buffalo
 Baltimore
 New York Giants
 Miami
 Carolina

Running Backs
Tier 1
 Adrian Peterson
Tier 2
 Matt Forte
 Michael Turner
 Maurice Jones Drew
Tier 3
 Steven Jackson
 Brian Westbrook
 Deangelo Williams
 Steve Slaton
 LaDainian Tomlinson
 Chris Johnson
Tier 4
 Clinton Portis
 Frank Gore
 Ryan Grant
 Reggie Bush (PTs for Receptions)
 Brandon Jacobs
 Marion Barber
Tier 5
 Ronnie Brown
 Joseph Addai
 Pierre Thomas
 Kevin Smith
Tier 6
 Marshawn Lynch
 Thomas Jones
 Derrick Ward
 Larry Johnson
 Knowshon Moreno
 Darren McFadden
 Willy Parker
 Chris Wells
Tier 7
 Jonathan Stewart
 LenDale White
 Cedric Benson
 LeRon McClain
 Julius Jones
 Darren Sproles
 Donald Brown
 Le Sean McCoy
 Willis McGahee
 Jamal Lewis
 Tim Hightower
 Shonn Green

Wide Receivers
Tier 1
 Larry Fitzgerald
 Andre Johnson
 Randy Moss
 Calvin Johnson
Tier 2
 Reggie Wayne
 Roddy White
 Steve Smith
 Anquan Boldin
 Marques Colston
 Greg Jennings
Tier 3
 Terrell Owens
 Brandon Marshall
 Dwayne Bowe
 TJ Houshmandzadeh
 Wes Welker
Tier 4
 Roy Williams
 Vincent Jackson
 DeSean Jackson
 Anthony Gonzalez
 Chad Ochocinco
 Santonio Holmes
 Braylon Edwards
 Antonio Bryant
Tier 5
 Eddie Royal
 Lee Evans
 Santana Moss
 Michael Crabtree
 Bernard Berrian
 Tory Holt
 Lance Moore
 Hines Ward
Tier 6
 Donny Avery
 Devin Hester
 Steve Breaston
 Jericho Cotchery
 Kevin Walters
 Laveranues Coles
 Ted Ginn Jr.
 Donald Driver
 Chris Chambers
 Giants Number 1 WR (Hixon or Nicks)

Tight Ends
Tier 1
 Jason Witten
 Antonio Gates
 Tony Gonzalez
 Dallas Clark
Tier 2
 Greg Olsen
 Kellen Winslow
 Chris Cooley
 Owen Daniels
Tier 3
 John Carlson
 Tony Scheffler
 Jeremy Shockey
 Bo Scaife
Tier 4
 Dustin Keller
 Heath Miller
 Zach Miller
 Vernon Davis
 Kevin Boss
 Visanthe Shiancoe
 Anthony Fasno
 Todd Heap

Coachnorm

I like Tory Holts' placement. While he won't vault back to the top tiers of Wrs he should have a very solid inpact with The Jags. At least they have a WR who will run an 8+ yard route on a 3rd and 7 situation.