Fan's Perspective: Buc's 2009 Schedule

Runnik's Hambones

Since I'm a Bucs fan, I figured I'd give my picks for next years games, considering all the moves that the team has had over the offseason so far. Now, I'm expecting, rather, hoping that these picks are WAY off, but I thought it would be fun. So, here we go:

Week 1: Cowboys @ Bucs - L
Week 2: Bucs @ Bills - W
Week 3: NYG @ Bucs - W (Kind of a switch pick for me, I think the Bucs can grind this game out. It will be a battle of the run game)
Week 4: Bucs @ Skins - L
Week 5: Bucs @ Eagles - W (Also a switch pick, the Eagles lost a crap load of defensive players that were quite vital to their team. Then again so did the Bucs...)
Week 6: Panthers @ Bucs - L
Week 7: Patriots @ Bucs - L
Week 8: Bye
Week 9: Packers @ Bucs - L
Week 10: Bucs @ Miami - W
Week 11: Saints @ Bucs - L
Week 12: Bucs @ Falcons - L
Week 13: Bucs @ Panthers - L
Week 14: Jets @ Bucs - W
Week 15: Bucs @ Seahawks - L
Week 16: Bucs @ Saints - W
Week 17: Falcons @ Bucs - L

As you can see, I'm being optomistic. I have the Bucs winning 6 games, which is probably more than they will actually win.

6-10, with only 1 home game win. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
man, that is an absolutely brutal schedule. i dont see a single sure W on there, but maybe its just because tampa is in such rebuilding mode right now.

you and i both know the bucs arent going to go 5-3 on the road and 1-7 at home. they'll probably win close to half their home games, but this team is going to really struggle to pick up anything away from home in places like philly and miami imo.

Runnik's Hambones

My only reasoning behind the Eagles game, really is that we all expected them to SB contenders last year going into the season and they stunk the first half. I think atm, they're a worse team than last year. If they address defensive needs in the draft, that may increase their team.

You're right though DB, I'm being quite optomistic. Giving the Bucs the benefit of the doubt here. But I have them going 4-3 on the road, not 5-3.

DearbornDolfan

Everybody's picking Miami for the hard fall, but I don't buy it. The Dolphins have more toughness in their collective left flipper than most teams have in their entirety, even the obvious losses on the Fins' schedule are going to be grind-em-out affairs that leave both teams utterly spent.

Atlanta, on the other hand, has an equally brutal schedule and the feel of a team that wants to be the Saints when they grow up. If they get smacked around some, they aren't going to want to fight. It's like Tyson said, everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, it's what you do after everything that goes to shit that matters.

DearbornDolfan

I'm not riding the Dolphins whatsoever. I think they'll be a fine team, but I don't see them being anything but wildcard.

I know you're not, I was just drawing a comparison. You go onto the Phins.com news wire and all the articles are about how tough the schedule is and how the writers don't think the Fins can't get it done.

Runnik's Hambones

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll agree with you though on a point you made in another thread. The Dolphin's offense doesn't worry me one bit. In fact, they're O-line is very productive and because of that I think they'll be fine.

If they address some concerns on D in the draft, all the better.

Bayton

Here is an interesting Tidbit that I found.

"Stay tuned: We don't know which home game it will take place at, but the Bucs reportedly are going to open a ring of honor (Lee Roy Selmon's got to go in first) and wear their throw-back (orange and white) jerseys. We soon will find out which home game gets the nod."

The throwbacks I knew already, but the ring of honor I was not aware of. The unfortunate thing and ironic at that is that the single largest proponent of those things was Double Nickel, Derrick Brooks. Lee Roy Selmon will likely be the first one inducted, but they better not leave out Brooks initially either.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If Brooks was still there Id throw in two more wins. Where things are right now...man I dont know.

Runnik's Hambones

Bayton, you're exactly right. To be honest, if Brooks isn't mentioned, I bet Raymond James would be filled with boos.

Sgt, you're also exactly right. With Brooks in the line up, I chalk at least 2 more wins. In fact, at least one of them would have been a division game too.

Mike

Administrator
I treat this team as an "unknown". We can look at them all day long and project, but we really don't know what are are getting right now.

This team has been completely turned over, complete with a new head coach.

They could win 4, or they could shock the hell out of people and win 9. Either is possible, and I would lean closer to 9 if I was having to make a prediction this early.

The entire division is a question mark, The NFC East as a whole is a question mark. The AFC opponents all have question marks. Good coaching could result in a good season, and we don't know what to expect from the coaching.