Fan Duel Week 1

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who are you all looking at this week? I am trying to get much more statistical this year and look at the data out there a lot closer. One area I am looking at is using projected results to determine $ per point.

Also looking at mixing up strategies depending on type of play. In small leagues I am looking for consistent, high floor guys where I am looking at high ceiling guys who may be more inconsistent in the large t'ments and trying to find guys who will be low owned. Also going to try to stack my QB with a main target.

Will toss out some of the names I am considering when I have more time.

jjtweeks

• heres one lineup I will try with $200 under cap in 60k setting
    QB
    Russell Wilson
    $8,100
    GB@SEA

• RB
    Alfred Morris
    $7,700
    WAS@HOU

• RB
    LeSean McCoyP
    $9,400
    JAC@PHI

• WR
    Michael Floyd
    $6,600
    SD@ARI

• WR
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    $6,400
    MIN@STL

• WR
    Julian Edelman
    $6,300
    NE@MIA

• TE
    Heath Miller
    $5,700
    CLE@PIT

• K
    Adam Vinatieri
    $5,000
    IND@DEN

• D
    Detroit Lions
    $4,600
    NYG@DET

Last edited:

jjtweeks

• This is the other I'll try though I like my first a little better. $100 under cap on a 60k
  • QB
    Andrew Luck
    $9,200
    IND@DEN

• RB
    Ben Tate
    $7,400
    CLE@PIT

• RB
    Andre Ellington
    $6,800
    SD@ARI

• WR
    DeAndre Hopkins
    $5,900
    WAS@HOU

• WR
  • Torrey Smith
    $6,300
    CIN@BAL

• WR
    Demaryius Thomas
    $8,700
    IND@DEN

• TE
    Jordan CameronP
    $6,500
    CLE@PIT

• K
    Greg Zuerlein
    $4,500
    MIN@STL

• D
    Detroit Lions
    $4,600
    NYG@
  • DET

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here is the player pool I will be building my teams on
QB's:
High End:

• Manning - $10,200 is a big nut, but hard to argue that he can't cover it in the highest o/u of the weekend. I will be working a Manning line-up for sure. Could be my main cash game line-up.
  • Ryan - $8,100 - LOVE this play if you don't go Manning yet want a higher end QB.
  • Foles - $8500 - Considered him strongly, but like Ryan in this value zone better.
  • Cutler - $8000 - See Foles.
Value:
  • Hill - $5000 - Many are all over Hill as the value play of the week. Was on the bandwagon early, but more I think about it, the less I am liking this. Just too much risk here for me, even at the price. Still may do a value line-up, but not sure. Bradford was only valued at $6000 before his injury, not sure why all the love for Hill at $5000.
  • Henne - $5600 - Now this is a value I am starting to like. J'ville will be behind early and often and passing a ton. Garbage time point are still points.
  • Cassell - $5400 - Another decent value play. In Norv's offense he could put up a decent baseline.
  • Flacco - $5600 - Not a good match-up, but cheap.
  • Other's: Locker ($6600) and A Smith ($6900) - Both could be solid values at a cheaper value.
RB's:
High End:
Love the high End RB's this week. here are the $8000 and over RB's I will be looking at.
  • Charles - $9800 - Stud, simply put. Nice match-up as well. Could anchor your line-ups quite nicely.
  • McCoy - $9400 - Should start off with a bang this year with J'ville. Should see a heavy work load and a 20-30 pt day seems likely.
  • Forte = $9300 - Should see plenty of action as well, but don't like the value as much as the top 2.
  • Peterson - $9300 - Should have a very nice day, but I think his ceiling is a little lower than the top 2.
  • Ball - $8000 - Should see plenty of action in both running and passing. High scoring game should get him in the end zone a time or two. After the top 2, this is the guy I am looking at.
Value:
  • Ellington - $6800 -Favorite value back of the week. explosive back, heavier workload, could break out in week 1. I like the value here if you don't go two of the top group.
  • Pierce - $6100 - Tough match-up, but a Kubiak lead back at $6100 screams value.
  • Vereen - $6600 - Like this play as well, just not sure how much I will use it with other options I like more.
  • Greene - $5100 - Think he's going to get the bigger share of the workload this week. Value is there if you load up elsewhere. I like value plays at other positions more and will pass though.
WR's:
High End:
Will likely stack one of these with a QB, but with as much value as there is here no need for more than 1.
  • Jones - $8000 - Love stacking him with Ryan and will be working a line-up based on this. Might be my t'ment play.
  • Thomas - $8700 - Don't love that much salary at WR this week, but hard to argue stacking Manning and DT.
  • Bryant - $8500 - Could see more targets than anyone else this week. Should pay off.
Value: A lot of value here, and just keeps getting deeper with Welker out.
  • Wheaton - $4500 - Min salary....hmmm, Brown being covered by Hayden....yeah, loving this value. Should have no problem covering his value here.
  • Wallace - $5900 - I like this play, especially in a t'ment setting with his big game potential.
  • Britt - $4500 - Starting WR at min salary and could see a high amount of targets. Should be on value short lists.
  • Tate - $5000 - Calvin taking the heat away and he's only $5k....hard not to be all over this one.
  • Maclin - $5000 - #1 WR in Philly for $5000....only downside is he'll be VERY highly owned. Not the best large t'ment play due to this, but should see plenty of cash line-up action.
  • Colston - $5700 - #1 WR in a shootout with Brees as your QB. Salary is right, should get a look.
  • Shorts - $5900 - See Henne in the QB section, garbage time still scores. Check his health late in the week, but I think he's ready.
  • Sanders - $6400 - #2 in Denver now....very high ceiling!
  • Caldwell/Latimer - $4500 - Min salary, pick your flavor. Many are jumping on Latimer, but week 1 I say go with Caldwell if you want min salary Manning action.
TE's:
High End:

• Graham - $8100 - IMO, you either go high or low here in week 1. Graham is money in the bank, but I think he'll be just normal Graham and not super graham this week. Going to fade him this week in favor of value here. Of all the top guys I am going away from he could burn the most...
  • Cameron - $6500 - Only other high end TE I would consider....but he's not getting much thought from me yet.
Value:
  • Ertz - $4500 - Favorite play of the week. Not alone here is the only downside. Likely will play him in my cash games.
  • Kelce - $4500 - My wildcard play of the week. Love him as a t'ment play....will I have the guts to use him?
K's:
  • Bryant - $5000
  • McManus - $5000
  • Graham - $4700
  • Scobee - $4500
D's:
  • Panthers - $5500
  • Lions - $4600 - leaning here for value.
  • Rams - $5400
  • Bengals - $5400

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here is my Ryan line-up I am considering at this time:
  • Matt Ryan - $8100
  • LeSean McCoy - $9400
  • Jamal Charles - $9800
  • Julio Jones - $8000
  • Wallace - $5900 (Shorts a possibility at same price)
  • Maclin - $5000 - (Tate)
  • Ertz - $4500 - (Kelce possible in large fields)
  • Graham - $4700
  • Lions D - $4600
Manning Line-up, but just started working it, could change quite a bit:
  • Manning - $10200
  • McCoy - $9400
  • Ellington - $6800
  • Thomas - $8700
  • Colston - $5700
  • Maclin - $5000
  • Ertz - $4500
  • Bryant - $5000
  • Lions D - $4600

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

Here's my 2 cents for this week.

1. Jump into leagues that include the Thursday night game. Thousands of itchy trigger finger players all salivating for fantasy football action as soon as they can get it. The price tags on all Packers players is pretty high, and this might be the worst matchup of the season for them. I want to play with as many people loading up on Lacy, Cobb, Jordy, Rodgers etc etc as I can.

2. Emmanuel Sanders. His price tag is too juicy to be left out of any lineup.

3. Stay away from the "value QB". Take the sure thing or settle for a guy like Matt Ryan.

4. Stay away from the middling TEs. It's almost impossible to predict which guy will have a great week. I'm recommending Julius Thomas or Graham. Both are in juicy matchups that should feature plenty of scoring.

5. Find yourself a nice cheapo WR. I like some of the plays that Miller listed. Kenny Britt is a super sneaky play. No one is talking about this guy, yet he had the best camp of any STL WR and is facing the Minn D, which was 1 of the most pliable defenses for WRs last year. The guy I'm leaning towards is Denarius Moore though. He seems to have the most chemistry with Carr, and I can't name a single NYJ CB worth a damn. For $4500, you now create the flexibility to go get a stud QB or TE.

My lineup in the Thurs-Sun 50k guaranteed..
QB Matt Ryan $8100
RB Andre Ellington $6800
RB Montee Ball $8000
WR Julio Jones $8000
WR Emmanuel Sanders $6400
WR Denarius Moore
TE Julius Thomas $7400
K Matt Bryant $5000
DEF PITT Steelers $5200 V Cle

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
ER, a lot of similar thoughts there.

1. Agree on Thursday action, though I won't dive fully in. Getting into the same 500k though as it will give me a good gauge as to who is being highly played vs overlooked. Will use this info for my FCCS qualifier.

2. You have me thinking hard on Sanders now. May use him as my stack with Manning and swap DT for Julio.

3. Agree, kicked around the value play, just don't see it as a good option this week.

4. Here is the biggest disagreement we have. I'll be bottom feeding TE's this week. I just feel you are getting a great value with Ertz and Kelce has a huge upside to him. I think I can make up the lost value vs the top with the money I save.

5. There is just a lot of value in the 4500 - 6000 area. Not buying Moore, just too many options and not enough points in this one.

wical34

My reality check bounced.
I suppose I need to switch to Fanduel from Draftkings.. Draftkings uses an extra flex spot instead of kicker.

Jay Cutler - $8000
Jamal Charles - $9800
Andre Ellington - $6800
Emmanuel Sanders - $6400
Julian Edelman - $6300
Golden Tate - $5000
Jimmy Graham - $8100
Adam Vinatieri - $5000
Detroit D/ST - $4600

ExperiencedRookie

Just as predicted, the contests for this weekend that inclue tonight's game is absolutely littered with people who filled 50% of their lineup with players who are in action in tonight's game

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I got in some, but decided to stick with Ellington and sweating it now.... Remember rats is why I usually fade theses games . But if he plays it looks good

bodey24

Staff member
I hate the fact we can't change our lineup after the Thursday game. Hopefully Ellington plays!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yep, rather addicting.

I find I get more excited about my daily teams than season long teams

Anyone else go for the Vegas qualifier on fan duel?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Who did you guys replace Ellington with in Sunday starts?

I swapped Ellington and Julio for Toby Gerhart and Dez.

Other options:
Stick with Julio and swap to Vereen.

Swap Ellington and Julio for Pierce and Dez.