Early Trade advice

2minutedrill

12 team ppr keeper league in which we can keep 7 players. I'v been offered F.Jax for my H.Nicks My other wr's are welker and wallace. My other RB's are S.Jax, Wells, Mcgahee with Brady under center. we start 1 qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1flex. Just dont know if F.Jax has as good a yr nxt yr and CJ Spiller in the wings.???BTY This team got me a 4th place finish with the rb spot a struggle all year.

jjtweeks

Yea health is the major issue. I haven't been paying attention to how jax health is or supposedly to be in the future. Take into consideration though there are a huge number more Nicks caliber receivers than there are RB's with point potential like #'s that Jax has. That is if he is healthy.
IMO you win fantasy with healthy RB's

Coachnorm

Fjax turns 31 next month. Nicks is 7 years younger. I would try to get a back with more upside.

Looking at your backs with S Jax and Mcgahee you should probably be looking for a younger back at this point. I love Fred Jackson as a RB but he is another RB who played without getting an extension and I believe he may only be signed for next year. If he had made it through the year healthy he probably would have gotten an extension and been a much better value going forward. He is 31 and while he doesn't have a lot of mileage his future is up in the air now. Problem is, we also won't get much intel on his recovery for awhile. Now the Bills draft may tell us something about FJax's state of recovery. If they don't go for a RB in the early rounds that may tell us that his recovery is going great and that they are counting on his being back and producing.

Now before you trade off Hicks you should check out who will replace him in the line up. Having three top Wrs is a nice luxury that most would like to have. Now it seems like simple math, I have plenty WRs and shaky RBs, trade a WR for a running back. But if that RB is not sure fire starter /Producer then your may just take away a strength and not really solve the RB problem. You say you finished 4th and I am sure that WR trio was a big part of that/ Just saying.....

xqj47alpha

Banned
We're probably going to need a full breakdown of all 12 teams 7 keepers in order to proceed with any kind of sound advice.

That being said, it's just an initial offer.
Countering with an offer for one of his other RB's should get him to explain why he's so willing to part with Fred.
imho

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I would not take Fred for Nicks. Between his age and Spiller proving he's not a bust, the Fred owner is looking to sell high.

cctekguy

Staff member
Mud is the commish of your league and a forum leader here.

I think I'd go elsewhere for advice regarding PFL.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Now, now Tekie. My advice wasn't seen as it only stayed up a matter of seconds before I realized I'd be helping my chief competition for the league crown.

However I'm willing to help you out Tekie and my advice is not to decimate a championship team should you ever get one again. :biglaugh:

Nice to have you back on the forum BTW.

2minutedrill

Hay... I didn't get to see no stinkin advice!!!

And no bickering among friends! Mud, thx for saying that i'm chief competition, but i been heading in the wrong direction, As my team got better(in my eyes) my final standing has gotton worse. Oh well, still enjoy it and hope to mix things up.

Any more opinions on F.jax are still welcome!