Eagles add to draft haul

Arctic Dawgs

Eagles followed up a very good draft by sign Was St RB Chris Polk. Unbelievable that he never got Drafted, but great pickup for Philly. He is easily their #2 RB right out of the gate

Polk, who rushed for 4,049 yards in barely more than three seasons, was red flagged by teams in the draft because of a shoulder problem and, despite being projected as high as a second-round prospect, was not among the 253 players selected. As soon as the draft ended, the phone began to ring and he eventually chose the Eagles over the Washington Redskins.

"I will just have to go out there and show them I have a lot of great football left in me," Polk told NFLDraftScout.com after agreeing to a deal with the Eagles. "I know teams are concerned about my shoulder, but I also heard somebody say something about a degenerative hip and there is just no truth to that. I had labrum surgery on the shoulder a year ago and it didn't slow me down last season."

In the 2011 regular season, Polk rushed for 1,341 yards, caught 29 passes for 324 yards and scored 15 touchdowns. His career rushing total of 4,049 yards is second only to Napolean Kaufman at Washington.

When Polk began hearing that teams were concerned about his shoulder, he had it checked by well-known orthopedic surgeon James Andrews. According to team sources, Andrews wrote a letter stating that Polk had some scarring from the surgery, but there was nothing that should prevent him from being drafted or playing football. However, some team medical staffs still labeled the shoulder problem as either "chronic" or "degenerative."

Andrews disagreed, telling one source close to Polk, "if I thought Chris had a problem that needed fixing, I would have operated, but there was not a problem."

xqj47alpha

Banned
some would say "Kudos to the Philly Draft Media Disinformation Team".

Seems like appropriate use of the First Amendment.

Not like any of the teams would ever dream of cheating.
Maybe venture into manipulating the value of players.
Nah.

In an event that relies almost solely upon strategy and homework, why would anyone try to gain an advantage using any legal means necessary?

I'd hate the Eagles if they didn't play in the NFC East.