Doug Martin welcomes back running mate Blount

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...s-re-sign-legarrette-blount-one-year-contract

Tampa agreed in principle to bring back LaGarrette Blount on a reasonable 1 year deal. The last I read on this was they were contemplating hitting him with a 1st round tender offer which would've cost considerably more so this is a very favorable alternative.
I assume some teams expressed interest in Blount or else the Bucs wouldn't have considered the tender, but now he may be easier to deal in a sign&trade.

Either way I don't see this cutting into the Muscle Hamster's production all that much, with the possible exception of a TD or 2 less if both players are healthy all year. Worst case is, Blount becomes an obvious handcuff for the owner that spends a high pick on Martin.

(Well? :smile:)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Threads with multiple players listed in the title are not elgible for the prize. In this case neither is the secret player. :biggrin:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Was hoping Blount would get a shot elsewhere. He is a good cuff for Martin and nothing more.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I hear ya Miller. Poor young Ivory is being held hostage in New Orleans for another year and it sucks to be him. 2013 is the laqst year the Saints will be able to force his hand in the way they've been doing. Dude has been the best RB on the team when he's healthy but Ingram gets all the love.

cctekguy

Staff member
Threads with multiple players listed in the title are not elgible for the prize. In this case neither is the secret player. :biggrin:

I think it's pretty obvious that the post was about Martin and that Blount was only involved in the story as a handcuff.

I mean, what IDIOT would count Blount as a threat though the air OR a top 10?

Spirit of the law, Mud. Don't go Hitler on us.