Done deal: Rosenfels a Viking

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Holy crap. The Vikes would only have to give up a 4th rounder for a guy who could step in and start week 1 AND be productive in the passing game. Rosenrosen would bump up to a strong #2 QB and borderline QB1 for fantasy football owners this year.

Linkage

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
dunno: Rosenfels doesn't excite me all that much. He is better than what they have...but not all THAT much better. I think there are better options to get IMO.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
huh?? Not sure I'm all that excited about Sage being the answer in Minny. I think he is a fine b/u, but not sure he is much more than this. Adding Sage to this muddled situation seems like to just adds another mediocre option into the mix without fixing the real issue of getting a starting caliber QB in the organization.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Count me as the voice of dissent. The Vikings were sooooo close last year and I think while he's not the biggest name in QB's he did show he has the goods when he stepped up to start for Houston. Sage The World Beater, no. But as stated before he's better than what they have now and the wr corps aren't that bad. I see Rosenrosen as a quality NFL starter and a potential solid backup in fantasy football.

Escrow

Why not..they have a good line and decent young receivers with a tandem back duo that is great......why wouldnt he be a top 15 QB

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Rosenfels has a lot of fans in this area and nearly everyone knows who he is (he played for Iowa State). He would move back to a comfort area and likely be very productive.
This said, why are the Vikes not contacting Jeff Garcia's agent and negotiating with him for a multi-year deal right now?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
lol, you guys are crazy. this is to create a new backup, a younger version of gus frerotte. if he was a good qb, he would have had his chance sometime in the last 8 years. as long as childress is around, tjack will be the qb every time.

Remote Controller

lol, you guys are crazy. this is to create a new backup, a younger version of gus frerotte. if he was a good qb, he would have had his chance sometime in the last 8 years. as long as childress is around, tjack will be the qb every time.
I'll bet you a v-buck!!! :D

DearbornDolfan

Rosenfels couldn't hack it with the Fins back when they had an excellent defense. What makes you guys think he'll hack it with the Vikings?

Bayton

Rosenfels couldn't hack it with the Fins back when they had an excellent defense. What makes you guys think he'll hack it with the Vikings?

The vikings defense is pretty darn good although slightly flawed and they have a hell of a RB and good running game to take a load off, where that wasn't always the case in Miami. The main thing that bothers me about Sage is his td-int ratio. But, who says he couldn't take the career path of Delhomme. Career backup turned starter on a new team? Garcia would be a decent fit as he brings instant credibility. But if the vikes are looking slightly long term. Garcia sets back any plans to find a more permanent QB. Anytime qb depth is added, its a good move as long as they dont play musical chairs

But, it is an interesting point. Both Rosenfels and Ferotte were on Miami at the same time and both did pretty poorly. The fact that they have both found some success on other teams goes to show that it was more Miami that was the problem than them.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
With Rosenfels at the helm the Vikes will win their division in 09' and win at least 1 playoff game...mark my words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
the eagles got one big screen play to westbrook. that could jsut as well have been a big run by adrian peterson and then the game goes the other way. i just dont see sage rosenfels swinging a season.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:wtf:
Rosenfels
2008 - 6 Tds, 10 INTs, 66.7% completion rate
2007 - 15Tds, 12 INTs, 64.2% completion rate
Granted in only limited playing time

Frerotte
2008 - 12Tds, 15Ints, 59.1% completion rate
2007 - 7Tds, 12 Ints, 56.3% completion rate
Again in somewhat limited starting time

Jackson
2008 - 9Tds, 2 INTs, 59.1% completion rate
2007 - 9Tds, 12 Ints, 58.2% competion rate

So, yes if you look at completion rate Sage would be an improvement. But what Minny needs is a game manager that won't give up the ball. Sage had less starts, but as many or more INTs than the current Minny Qbs.

Just for tickles and grins....
Garcia
2008 - 12Tds, 6 Ints, 64.9% completion rate
2007 - 13Tds, 4 Ints, 63.9% completion rate

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm......

But yes, Rosenfels is an improvement...of a sort

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I'm not thrilled with this. What I don't understand is why so fast with this? If Garcia is available try and get him. Why are they settling for Rosenfels? And if they do get Rosenfels this doesn't really fix anything yeah he is a little better but this is just a bandaid on something that needs to be fixed.