Outlaw
Administrator
Saturday, January 12th
3:35 PM CST Colts at Chiefs
7:15 PM CST Cowboys at Rams

Sunday, January 13th
12:05 PM CST Chargers at Patriots
3:40 PM CST Eagles at Saints

Who do you have as the winner and are there any games that you hope you are wrong about?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Colts at Chiefs- It's the Colts coming out on top in this one.
Cowboys at Rams- I see the road team taking both games Saturday as the Cowboys top the Rams and Hop-a-lone.

Sunday, January 13th
Chargers at Patriots- Charger DEF is going to be too much for the Patriots.
Eagles at Saints - Saints people and you should not have had to wonder about my pick here. Anyway no way the road team wins all four contest.

I'd be very happy to see the results just as I have predicted.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I like what the Colts are doing - so will go with Colts over the Chiefs.
I can't pick N.E. to lose to Chargers, just can't - Rivers has NEVER beaten Tom Brady - Go Pats here.

In NFC:
Rams over Dallas - I think the Rams bottle up Zeke and scare Dak
Saints over Philly - would love to go homer here, but Saints at home is too much for them to overcome.

JScott

Administrator
Cowboys at Rams- I see the road team taking both games Saturday as the Cowboys top the Rams and Hop-a-lone.

Sunday, January 13th
Eagles at Saints - Saints people and you should not have had to wonder about my pick here. Anyway no way the road team wins all four contest.

:mad::mad:

cctekguy

Staff member

Sunday, January 13th

It's pretty clear from your picks that your winners are the teams you would rather see the Saints face.

Get KC, The Rams and New England out of the way and it could be smooth sailing for your Boys.

If I were betting my heart instead of my head, I'd pick KC, Rams, Chargers and Philly.

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

Saints are going to roll this weekend. Philly's weakness is the secondary, although they've played better lately. Chicago was the perfect matchup for them. A mediocre QB who couldn't punish their weakness. Now they get Brees. He's going to pick them apart.

I have to pick NE over LAC, and I hate it. Rivers has a noticeably worse passer rating against man coverage, and that's the Pats bread and butter. The NFL schedulers didn't do the Chargers any favors in the playoffs either. 2 straight weeks of a single noon game. 2 straight weeks of the Chargers having to travel to the east coast for the noon game. They've been great on the road this year, but this is Foxborough.

The Colts might be hot, but who have they beaten in the second half of the season? I love what they're doing in Indy, especially on the O line, but the fun ends now. Colts are a zone heavy defense, and Mahomes has destroyed zone all year, especially in the red zone. Arrowhead is going to be rocking, and those boys haven't forgotten their playoff meltdown vs Indy last year. Give me KC.

Lastly, I'm on the Cowboys. I love the way their defense is playing, and I think they're catching the Rams at the perfect time with the right scheme to beat them. Just jam Zeke down their throats, and D up! Goff hasn't been the same without Kupp down the stretch. I realize McVay might very well outcoach Garrett, which lowers my confidence, but my pick stays the same.

cctekguy

Staff member
Eagles mojo kicking in now.

Lutz misses a FG and a single TD will give Philly the lead.

Hang on tight.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I like what the Colts are doing - so will go with Colts over the Chiefs.
I can't pick N.E. to lose to Chargers, just can't - Rivers has NEVER beaten Tom Brady - Go Pats here.

In NFC:
Rams over Dallas - I think the Rams bottle up Zeke and scare Dak
Saints over Philly - would love to go homer here, but Saints at home is too much for them to overcome.
Meh missed on one. Really thought the colts would show better than they did. Oh well live and learn.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'm happy to get that one game right.

...and you are sad when you look at the Teams the Saints must face now. Rams for sure and either KC or NE in the big one.

That's the problem with winning a championship. You have to beat some really good teams to accomplish it. :confused:

I feel bad for Philly. They thought they were a team of destiny again and they played their hearts out.

I REALLY feel bad for Chicago. If they had been playing the Saints yesterday I think the outcome would have been vastly different even if the Saints still won. Would have made for a better game.