DeSean Jackson wants a new deal

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(Rotoworld) Michael Vick suggested Tuesday that DeSean Jackson may not report to training camp Wednesday. Analysis: Jackson, who is scheduled to make $565,000 this season, has been outspoken about his desire for a lucrative long-term contract. Vick seems to think that Jackson is prepared to force the team's hand. "Hopefully, he'll be here tomorrow," Vick said. "DeSean just has some things to think about and some decisions to make that only himself can make." The Eagles are in win-now mode and figure to work out a deal with their playmaker.

Jackson is already brittle. If he holds out and misses key training and working out, he might get killed during the season.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Brittle? I wouldn't call him brittle. Any player in the NFL would have suffered a concussion from that hit he took last year. That was a frickin brutal hit. That doesn't make him brittle. He only missed one game as a result of that hit and he only missed one game the previous year.

Pay the man his money. He has definitely out performed his contract.

Did you see the game against the Giants last year? That's what this guy brings to the table.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(Rotoworld) DeSean Jackson has to report to camp by Tuesday unless he wants to risk losing an "accrued year" toward free agency. Analysis: There's still no whiff of Jackson at Eagles camp, but he's just making his point. When push comes to shove, he'll almost certainly be there by Tuesday. The Eagles have taken the hard-line approach of not negotiating with Jackson until he reports to camp.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(FFChamps) Philadelphia wide receiver, DeSean Jackson, reported to Eagles camp on Monday morning. He will not be able to practice until he gets a physical, but according to Geoff Mosher of the The News Journal of Wilmington, Jackson was in the process of doing that on Monday morning. Jackson was holding out of camp because he wants a contract extension. The Eagles say they are more willing to open talks with Jackson and his agent now that he is in camp.
Analysis: Other than Mike Vick, Jackson is Phillys most valuable weapon on Offense, so its great news hes reporting to camp. Whether or not Jackson deserves a new contract is not important to us, but the fact hes in camp, running routes and getting more chemistry with Vick is what matters from a fantasy perspective. Jacksons going in the middle of the 3rd round which is right where we think he should get drafted. But if your league takes return yardage into account, Jackson is an even better Wide Receiver option for your Fantasy Roster.

Vick doesn't throw an accurate deep ball. Jackson is way down my board and Macklin way up so long as Mikey Vick is under center.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(KFFL) Philadelphia Eagles WR DeSean Jackson reported to camp Monday, Aug. 8, and was on the field for their afternoon practice. Jackson said he doesn't want to cause a distraction by holding out for more money. "I have to be a professional about it. I can't cry. I can't moan about it. Being a man about the situation more than anything. I've been through a lot in my life. A lot of people said a lot of things, I was always too small, a lot of negative things. But I was still able to go out there and prove a lot of things on the field," Jackson said. The Eagles are willing to talk extension with him, but no conversations have taken place yet.