Cutler situation is not getting any better...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Get a boatload of draft picks back from the Jets and sign Leftwich to a cap-friendly 2 year deal as a stopgap?
Hell, who knows, but I'll stick by my earlier statement that he's not in Denver by the time week 1 rolls around. Reports are currently swirling.
Pat Bowlen the owner has been quoted as saying he is dissappointed and is afraid he will lose his star Qb over this. I think the hand writing is on the wall here. Wonder if McDaniels is a gonner sooner than most expected......

mills

Pat Bowlen the owner has been quoted as saying he is dissappointed and is afraid he will lose his star Qb over this. I think the hand writing is on the wall here. Wonder if McDaniels is a gonner sooner than most expected......

I would assume McDaniels will be gone... Shanny was crazy but I bet Bowlen is kicking him self for this mess.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Has a coach ever been fired before the season started and really never had the chance to coach?

Runnik's Hambones

I could see the Broncos trading Cutler for at least a first round pick high enough to get Sanchez. Have Sims start perhaps, obviously meaning a crap season, but if the guy wont cooperate they're out of options it seems.

Epic Fail is right!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Cutler is actling like a puss in this deal. Suck it up and be a man. So you hate your boss, guess what, EVERYONE hates their boss. 51 other guys are depending on you to be a man and lead this team. Do it.

Remote Controller

Cutler is actling like a puss in this deal. Suck it up and be a man. So you hate your boss, guess what, EVERYONE hates their boss. 51 other guys are depending on you to be a man and lead this team. Do it.
This one is on the young Coach, who thought he was Bill Belichek already. Bowlen will side with his franchise QB, or set his organization back 3 years.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing

This is where the local media is going, too. Doogie McDaniels is getting flack but Cutler is being called this and more.

I have to reiterate McDaniels better know WTF he is doing. Denver is a tough sports market when your team swirls down the toilet. Reference the Avs currently. Ten years ago the Avs were the toast of the town and could do no wrong. Now they are just sorry and can't come close to selling out even for the Dead Wings. I see the same thing happening to the Donkos if they blow this season. Problem is the Broncos are in Denver's DNA. It won't be as easy for them to stink and have it be considered "rebuilding". Nope, McDaniels needs to win games NOW or he is going to become the douche who messed with something that wasn't broken, the offense.

As far as trades it seems like they are going to trade him. You can't take McDaniels at his word, yet. He's claiming all is well and Jay is his guy to provide he and the front office negotiating leverage. Cutler is as good as gone, IMHO.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im not siding with either one of them, just as stated, there are 51 other guys who need him to step up and be a man.

I agree with you guys, what a bad situation.