Cutler situation is not getting any better...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.
The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.
The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.
Source: Jay Cutler's situation with Denver Broncos worsens - ESPN

wow....looks like we have a snow ball effect here...

If he is going to be a basket case p*ssy all year long might as well trade him now.
Somewhere within the Broncos, Cutler got lied to. So he be looking to go where his talent will be recognized. Mile High stock is being readjusted. Turns out, they ain't worth owning without Shanny and his boy.

So, where will Cutler end up? Answer, where will his daddy Shanny coach this year or next year?

So far as Jay going all Taco? Shame on you Sarge (just for effect).

But this is the deal people. GATHER 'ROUND. The Patriots are dead to almost every team/coach/player in the league. DEAD. They cheated. Period.

Jay Cutler doesn't want this coach in his career. Jay would rather lose honestly than have his integrity challenged.

Steroids was the Achilles Heal of Major League Baseball.

Integrity may become the NFL's last stand

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I know Detroit and Minnesota were going hard and heavy contacting Denver on Cutler. Denver with a high first round pick if they trade with Detroit...plus another pick or so would be huge.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Nothing good can come of this. I heard teleconference and rolled my eyes. Jay, this is your career son. Arranging a fence mending meeting via teleconference is beyond bush league. Doogie, I know your nuts just dropped but now is not the time to lay your manhood on the table and declare yourself king (*that is a SGT John-ism and all credit goes to him).

This is being driven by the Cutler camp to force the owner and Doogie to trade Cutler for a long, lucrative contract. And the Broncos are being played all day. Think about what a guy like Cutler could command in a long term deal. Cutler has the image of a whiner and he's earned much of that through action. But he doesn't need his ego stroked this much. This whole drama is a test of the resolve of the new regime and is a win-win-lose proposition for Cutler and his agent (who would profit by a trade, too). Cutler stays with Coach Doogie cowtowing, win. Cutler gets the boot and scores a long term deal with another team, win. Cutler stays and Doogie uses a Parcells to TO approach, lose. But the lose is both sides making it more likely the owner asserts himself to either slap Doogie and tell him to stow it or goes big and ships Cutler for picks and a player.

/tinfoilhat

Phicinfan

Administrator
First I agree Cutler is an issue in this.

I am thinking long term here though. Denver won't win a damn thing this year....and is basically stripping and rebuilding. If they can get a deal for a first this year, and next....for a player this whiney.....then I would do it and rebuild.

There are still some servicable Qbs out there...Garcia for one....that could fill in if you take an early qB this year.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
The offense isn't something commonly looked at as an area Doogie needs to rebuild. He'd castrate this offense if he dealt Cutler and honestly he'd lose the support of the fans with that one move. The losing that would surely follow if Byron Leftwich or Garcia were under center this year would likely end his career in Denver.

RLLD

I am just waiting for the goons in my dynasty leagues to suddenly start shopping him for draft picks....:thumbsup:

:nono:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Just seen on the NFL network bringing up the possibility of Chris Simms starting for the Broncos. If Cutler leaves for greener pastures and Simms gets the starting job,:biglaugh:the HC will feel the noose around his neck tighten up a bit. As a Raider fan im sure there will be dancing in the streets. :clap::pickle::taz::dance::bluebros:

RLLD

Just seen on the NFL network bringing up the possibility of Chris Simms starting for the Broncos. If Cutler leaves for greener pastures and Simms gets the starting job,:biglaugh:the HC will feel the noose around his neck tighten up a bit. As a Raider fan im sure there will be dancing in the streets. :clap::pickle::taz::dance::bluebros:

I guess Charlie Batch and Kyle Boller don't make the list?:biglaugh:

Phicinfan

Administrator
All joking aside....and I agree moving from Cutler to others is a downgrade...

I am really surprised no one is taking a shot at Byron Leftwich. The guy can throw and is a great Qb. His only issue is he is very immobile...and waits as long as possible so takes a beating. If a team with a solid O-line took a chance on him....He could be very, very good.

efactor

Coming at you
I am really surprised no one is taking a shot at Byron Leftwich. The guy can throw and is a great Qb.

Maybe the greatest misuse of the word "great" that I have ever seen.........:shake:

Sorry, but at best, Leftwich is an OK QB. Cannon arm but he takes so long to get rid of the ball, not great accuracy and the slowest QB this side of Kurt Warner............