Cowboys/Eagles Rivalry

Mike

Administrator
This video gives the Cowboys perspective pretty well. I fully expect some of our Eagles fans to counteract with some good videos as well.
:nannie:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4aKocacKQ"]YouTube- Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (Original Stadium Intro) Round 1 Playoff Highlights[/ame]

cctekguy

Staff member
I really do love the Cowboys....

I just wish Jerry Jones would evaporate.

I think he is a disgrace to the history of the franchise.

Remote Controller

I really do love the Cowboys....

I just wish Jerry Jones would evaporate.

I think he is a disgrace to the history of the franchise.
Originally he bought a team and a Coach that built up that team. That was a gravy train for quite a few years. He lost that Coach, but nailed one more title with a team built by that Coach. He falsely believed he had more to do with that beginning and suffered for it. I think Jerry understands the game much better now, and is a big assett to this team for more than just the money. He is not an Al Davis, or Daniel Snyder.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I thought I'd wait until the Cowboys fell flat on their face to post here... good job Vikings!

I don't have anything important to say, though.

Mike

Administrator
Originally he bought a team and a Coach that built up that team. That was a gravy train for quite a few years. He lost that Coach, but nailed one more title with a team built by that Coach. He falsely believed he had more to do with that beginning and suffered for it. I think Jerry understands the game much better now, and is a big assett to this team for more than just the money. He is not an Al Davis, or Daniel Snyder.

I think this is somewhat well said, other than for a couple facts.....

1. The great Jimmy Johnson didn't want Emmit Smith. Deuce Deuce was too slow for his plan, but he simply settled for him after Blair Thomas was drafted earlier than Jimmy had hoped. Would we be looking at Blair Thomas as the all time NFL rushing leader had Jimmy got what he wanted? I don't think so. I doubt Dallas would be looking at a Super Bowl victory in the 90's.
  2. It took that unpopular intrusion by Jerry Jones to keep Troy Aikman under center. #1 pick. Jerry was loving him, Jimmy was hating him. Turned out to be a pretty good decision to not only draft him, but insist that he be the starter.
  3. Michael Irvin - No controversy needed here, Tom Landry drafted this legend.
these, are the triplets that led Dallas to greatness. Took more than just them to get them there, but this was the core.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I am not a Dallas fan, however I do appreciate good business sense and Jerry Jones although I don't like him, I do appreicate his business intelligence. He was a maverick and because of it, he is rich because he is a great business owner. You think that the new stadium would be around had it not been for his brilliance. It is probably one of the most amazing stadiums around.

The NFL tried to file a class action lawsuit against Jones for his agreements with Nike and Coke. As a separate entity, the stadium can be run anyway he wants. As long as the Dallas Cowboys adhere to the NFLs sponsors of Reebok and Pepsi. Jones is in the right. At the time Budweiser was the official beer, if the fans don't want Bud and they want say Molson Canadian. You think the satdium is going to stand for no beers sales at a game because the fans have spoken up? You sell what sells, period! Let's say Jones did not own both the Cowboys and the Stadium. let's say he only own the Cowboys and paid rent to have his team play there. Then what? No issue right?

Anyways, you get the point. Jones is a smart business man. And I do think he has gotten smarter in owning the Cowboys.

I hate Dallas with all my heart because I grew up an Eagles fan...right through the Buddy/Cunningham/White years. Go Birds!!!

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I also will agree Michale Irvin is a talent...but he lived during the Rozelle era where they turned a blind eye to drugs. If Irvin had been playing now, he would never had the career he had with all the cocaine abuse. I personally don't think he shoud even be on NFL network woth the likes of Faulk and Sapp. That's a discrace to those guys who stayed clean.

I would rather take an Owens (who I hated a lot because of what he did to the Eagles, but has kida of redeemed himself to me), who is clean and does not get into drugs or violence. What's his biggest fault, to much attention...so what. At least he's never hung out with the wrong crowd. An ego is not criminal.