Could this trade benefit me long term?

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Due to injuries and underwhelming performances by my players, I have slipped to 1-3 in this league. Standard scoring, here is my roster:

QB- Rivers, Luck
RB- AP, Forte, Jonathan Stewart, Mark Ingram
WR- Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Nate Washington
TE- Graham, Keller
K- Hanson
Def- Packers

I actually have two offers right now. The first one I want to squeeze some more out of.

I give: Forte
I get: Stevie Johnson, Mikel LeShoure

The other guy is deeper in RBs than I. He's got McCoy, Fred Jackson, LeShoure, Jackie Battle.

1st question: Should I counter offer, and what for? I feel like giving up Forte could be great or awful, but if I do, I can't rely on Stewart or Ingram to carry a #2 load.

Other offer:

I give: Rivers, AP
I get: Schaub, DeMarco Murray

I'm not as big a fan of this one. Murray isn't exactly stellar, and Schaub has only put up 12 more points this season than Rivers.
Question 2: Am I right to not seriously consider this trade?

Thanks in advance.

jjtweeks

I wouldn't do either of those deals. I think Forte will pick it up and AP is going to end up being a beast this year. I also think Stewart will be a good bye week fill in. The second offer is a little better but i would sit tight. Luck is putting up decent points. For a little extra help you should be paying attention to what kickers and def are on waivers and play some matchups for a few xtra points.
Kerley may be on waivers in your league and with holmes hurt would be a nice pick up. Kendall Wright is also a nice pick up(more so in ppr)
Ingram is one of those guys who you think you have to hang on to but will never play.
If that were my team i would hang tight other than looking for some matchups that are good on waivers
I would think about Forte/Rivers for Schaub/Murray but i havent been paying close attention to whats going on in Chicago with Forte so that is just something to think about

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
What worries me about Forte is that his injuries always seem to linger. Even though he only has a "sore ankle," it still puts enough doubt in my mind, all the while Michael Bush could possibly reap the benefits.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I think the first trade would benefit you. The second would not.

First, as has been said Forte is a constant injury risk going forward and the other thing is Forte is not getting any goal line carries this year. In fact Forte has not scored from the red zone in the last 2 years. By contrast the Lions are a pass first offense but once they do establish a RB they will tend to use him on every aspect of the field. Long term Leshoure will be a better bet for you than Forte unless you are in a PPR league.

The second trade option is horrible for you. Schaub and Rivers are basically the same except Schaub has fewer turnovers and AP is head and shoulders (and part of the torso) above Murry. The running game in Dallas is a real train wreck right now, the running game in Minnesota is bread and butter of their offense.