Week 1

• Oregon @ Boise St - Boise St 48, Oregon 45
  • Nevada @ Notre Dame -Nevada 38, Notre Dame 31
  • Alabama vs VT - Alabama 16, VT 6
  • Cincinnati @ Rutgers - Cincinnati 26, Rutgers 17
Week 2

• USC @ Ohio State - Southern California 24, Ohio State 28
Week 3

• Tennessee @ Florida - Florida 38, Tennessee 28 (I think this one will be surprisingly close)
  • Utah @ Oregon - Utah 21, Oregon 35
Week 4

• Cal @ Oregon - Cal 34, Oregon 38
Week 5

• Oklahoma @ Miami (FL) - Oklahoma 52, Miami 16
  • LSU @ Georgia - Georgia 13, LSU 31

• USC @ Cal - Cal 17, USC 42

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
For the past few years, the remaining teams pretty much were equal to each other and pretty much beat each other up. Hence, many game were close and went ether way and their records suffered.

That's always the story in the Pac-10, which is the most balanced major football conference. Every single Pac-10 team has won the Pac-10 title since 1993 & every single Pac-10 team has had a top 10 finish in the AP poll since 1992.

There was a point in time when Oregon State was functionally uncompetitive, but those days are over.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Well be looking forward to the pics. 10:30pm start for me....i'll make sure I nap before the game.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
  • Cal @ Oregon - Cal 34, Oregon 38

I'll take Cal in this one. Oregon lost a ton: Reed, Ungler, Chung, Johnson, Byrd, Harris, Tupou, Lewis, Boyd, Scott, Williams, etc. Plus new coach Chip Kelly has chased away a handful of others. Cal is loaded, and may finally topple USC's dominance at the top this year.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
To answer the original question:

LSU @ Washington this coming Saturday.

First game of the season, I have tickets, & an SEC power is finally making the trip to Seattle. As a Husky fan, I have been spoilied seeing great non-conference opponents come to town such as Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, & Oklahoma. But finally we get to see the SEC!

I'll post some pics next Sunday. There is going to be a lot of purple & gold along the shores of Montlake next Saturday. It is also an ESPN nationally televised night game too! No word on which hotel Erin Andrews is staying at.

You'll enjoy watching the SEC. Now you'll see why it's the #1 conference in the nation.

Nice picks Miller. I see another person picked Nevada over ND. My thinking is, at least among members here, the Nevada/ND game will be the most payed attention to or watched in week 1 at that time frame. LOL

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'll take Cal in this one. Oregon lost a ton: Reed, Ungler, Chung, Johnson, Byrd, Harris, Tupou, Lewis, Boyd, Scott, Williams, etc. Plus new coach Chip Kelly has chased away a handful of others. Cal is loaded, and may finally topple USC's dominance at the top this year.
They lost a ton, but still have a lot of talent. The kicker for me is the homefield advantage. I think they take care of their business at home in this one. Cal seems to be a little over-rated IMO, they will stumble at a few spots this season. Should be a good game to watch though. Oregon will be a fun team to watch over the first several weeks. @ Boise, and home vs Utah and Cal. Brutal start.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
They lost a ton, but still have a lot of talent. The kicker for me is the homefield advantage.

An advantage that is way overblown since they dumped the slick as ice Omniturf. Boise State won at Eugene last year, Cal should too.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
An advantage that is way overblown since they dumped the slick as ice Omniturf. Boise State won at Eugene last year, Cal should too.
Homefield in college is huge, and should be the difference in this one IMO, but should be a good game. I am just not sold on Cal.
Posted via Mobile Device

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
First my predictions.

Week 1

Oregon @ Boise St - Boise St 34, Oregon 39
Nevada @ Notre Dame -Nevada 27, Notre Dame 31
Alabama vs VT - Alabama 24, VT 13
Cincinnati @ Rutgers - Cincinnati 28, Rutgers 114
Week 2

USC @ Ohio State - Southern California 31, Ohio State 20
Week 3

Tennessee @ Florida - Florida 31, Tennessee 17
Utah @ Oregon - Utah 34, Oregon 27
Week 4

Cal @ Oregon - Cal 20, Oregon 31
Week 5

Oklahoma @ Miami (FL) - Oklahoma 45, Miami 14
LSU @ Georgia - Georgia 24, LSU 27
USC @ Cal - Cal 17, USC 29

The two years of late that the Tigers have won the BCS I felt we should have played the Trojans.

But frankly posters the one game that I really, Willey want to see is a National Title Game using the mid-major and major bowl games as host sites for the play-off rounds.

If we can send rockets to planets unseen, we should be able to work out a playoff system with the NCAA. Thank you very mush!!!:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Homefield in college is huge, and should be the difference in this one IMO, but should be a good game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boise St are 61-1 in regular season home games since 1999, and currently have a 49 game regular season home winning streak.

Last home loss: Washington St in 2001.

Last edited:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That is why I see Boise beating Oregon, yet Oregon turning around and knocking off Cal
Posted via Mobile Device

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
.... yet Oregon turning around and knocking off Cal

Totally understand. I'm calling Cal my sleeper team for the PAC-10 this year. Just have that feeling about them.....those feelings have made look like a fool in the past, but i'm willing to gamble on it....