"Close Calls 2010" - A Sports Outlaw Exclusive

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Attention Outlaws, the well know forum staple in the Fantasy Football community is back at Sports Outlaw! The original "Close Call" series is back with the 2010 version. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this series, here is how it will work:
  • A Couple times a week I will start a new "Close Call" thread. Each thread will ask a simple question, if you had to choose on draft day between these two players, who would you pick. Simple as that.
  • The players chosen for each match-up will be players of the same position that has a similar ADP and value is seen as similar by many. ADP will be based on the ADP report at Fantasy Football Calculator (ADP - Fantasy Football Calculator) The value in these threads comes in the discussion. Give the reason why, debate it, back it up with facts, throw those stats around. If everyone does this, we will have a series of great player debates that will be a great tool that will help you evaluate players come draft day for your league.
  • The player with the most votes will be the winner of that "Close Call". Threads and results for the series will be tracked in this master thread through the summer.
  • For each selection use the following scoring format to base your selection on. Note there are no ppr's.
    • 6 pts Ru/Rec TD's
    • 4 pts pass TD's
    • 1 pt 25 pass yds
    • 1 pt 10 ru/rec yds
    • -2 pt Fumble lost
    • -1 pt INT
  • Each Pick should be based on a re-draft set-up
  • Be sure to check often for this exciting feature here at Sports Outlaw. If you have any suggestions for match-ups you would like to see post them here, I will try to work some of them in.
Past Close Calls:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Remember, if you have any match-ups you want to see post them here. i will consider them for future close calls.