Close Call # 20: Jamal Lewis vs Ray Rice

• Ray Rice

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • Jamal Lewis

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If you need a refresher on the rules for the series or a run down of previous match-ups? Here is the rules and history thread:
"Close Calls 2009" - A Sports Outlaw Exclusive
Remember, this is based on re-draft leagues and non ppr scoring.

Today's Match-up:

Ray Rice vs Jamal Lewis

Last Year's Stats:
Ray Rice - 13 gms - 454 yds rushing - 0 ru TD's - 33 rec - 273 rec yds - 0 rec TD

Jamal Lewis - 16 gms - 1002 ru yds - 4 ru TD's - 23 rec - 178 rec yds - 0 red TD

This Close Call is a battle of guys potentially headed in opposite directions. In one corner is Ray Rice, a young, hungry RB who showed flashes of potential in limited work last year. This year Ray enters camp ahead of injured and fading Willis McGahee and has a strong chance at taking the #1 role in run oriented Baltimore.

In the opposite corner is a battle tested RB holding off two young guns with a new coach who did coach a career year out of Thomas Jones. Lewis has been very consistent in his fantasy production. For those who choose to test the WR theory, your fantasy year may depend on the right choice between these tempting backs.

Will Lewis remain consistent? Is Rice the future? These are just a few of the questions you must answer before you make your choice.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
With the alleged return of LeRon McClain to FB, Im going with the already impressing in camp Ray Rice

Mike

Administrator
It's Ray Rice for me as well. Don't see much about Jamal Lewis this year to get excited about.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Basically what it comes down to is do you run with the consistency and hope Mangini can do what he did with Jones, or do you go for the possible upside with Rice.

For some reason, I just want to roll the dice with Rice, no rhyme intended.

Mike

Administrator
Actually, there are more factors against Lewis. Mangini likes what he has seen from Jerome Harrison, and James Davis has been impressive. Lewis is going to have to work to get his playing time.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I heard good things about Harrison. Still, sounds to me like Davis returns kicks and does other needed things, Lewis pulls the Jones duty, and Harrison does the Washington thing.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Who in their right mind would vote for Jamal Lewis? Dude has been a scrub for the last 3 seasons.

Ray Rice is primed to explode this year.