Citi BCS National Championship Game Discussion Thread

Mike

Administrator
Yeah, the discussions about the game this morning are annoying, at best.

The loss of Colt McCoy is being downplayed in a big way, basically saying that it really didn't matter.

At the same time, these folks are talking about how Alabama is just so much deeper in talent, that they could have afforded to lose a player like that. Oh yeah? How was your team doing while Ingram was on the sideline with cramps? That's right, you were going 3 and out, and the Texas offense was moving down the field on your defense that was getting tired, with a true freshman QB under center.

Anyway, congrats to Bama on the BCS game that pays out the most money. Now, tell the folks at your school to give Boise St. a call and see if they want to meet up somewhere for a National Title game.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
The way Texas looked early in the first quarter (about all I saw of the game -- I was at work), I thought that they could run away with it. McCoy's injury ended what momentum they had, but they played OK. Alabama was a better team last night.

Mike

Administrator
Saban made the final score look much different than what the actual game was with the final scoring. I didn't like seeing him do that, but knew that he would. Some coaches just have that mentality.

Very proud of the Longhorns for the way they fought to the end. That says alot about the program, and the coach.

Runnik's Hambones

Texas has NOTHING to be ashamed about after last night's performance. Really, the loss of McCoy is the only reason they lost, IMO. Had he been in, Alabama would have had a run for their money. They're still the 2nd best team in the nation without Colt.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
While the offense for Texas would have been much better if the injury had not of occured we're left to wonder how the play calling for Bama would have been different if they'd have been in any kind of a bind. Could Texas have won the game with their starter, certainly so. Would they have won with him? We'll never know. Bama was never forced to push the ball on offense. If Texas would have been a legitimate threat I think we'd have seen a different Bama.

FTR-Saban SUX!!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I have to disagree. Alabama was forced to push the ball, and responded with alot of 3 and outs. the way the Horns D played last night, I think had Alabama been forced to push, it would have been a road to disaster.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I have to disagree. Alabama was forced to push the ball, and responded with alot of 3 and outs. the way the Horns D played last night, I think had Alabama been forced to push, it would have been a road to disaster.

That could well be true Sarge. The truth is that we'll never know. For anyone to say that Texas would have won IF is pure poppycock. They may have sure but they may not. To be national champ a team must over come many obstacles and be lucky to boot. That team was not Texas last night. Again I say Texas played a good game. IF their defense could have put up points, as Bamas did the outcome might have been much different. When your offense is sputtering the defense or special teams have to find a way to score if you're going to win a game. Bama's did, Texas did not.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The Texas defense did everything the possibly could. You cant ask for a bigger nightmare scenario, and they still held strong.

Muschamp rules!