Chiefs texans

hikeNbike

Didn't see a thread so thought I'd start one. A complete no show by the Texans. As bad as the first half was 13-0 at half and I thought the Texans might make a game of it in the second half. Thought Chiefs wasted some opportunities in the first half when 4 turnovers only netted 6 points. Only td was kickoff return.

But didn't matter. Chiefs d was big which it has been in the second half of the year and Texans d wore down.

Not really a fan of either team but would have liked it to be a better game
Happy for Chiefs fans as was their first playoff win since 94.

Not a huge fan of Andy Reid's conservative coaching style but have to give him props at 1-5 without Charles don't think anyone would have predicted a playoff run.

Hoping for a better game between Bengals and Steelers tonight.

Guess I am rooting slightly for the Bengals. Mostly because their fans haven't seen a lot of winning. And also partly because I am a bit disappointed Ben and Antonio laid an egg against the Ravens during my fantasy super bowl.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hikeNbike

What a mind numbing day of football. Absolutely terrible games today. McCarron looks terrible. Its 9-0 and it seems like it's out of reach for the Bengals.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Hoyer went full retard.

Jj Watt damn near killed himself for his team and fans. If anyone ever questions that man's heart you are a fool

hikeNbike

Man this Bengals Steelers game has lost all semblance of order.

hikeNbike

None of the Bengals antics or for that matter the fans were justified. But I do think the officials deserve some of the blame for letting it get out of hand. You could see it building all game and refs did not do enough to get control. No way Berfect should have still been in that game. Expect a hefty fine and suspension. He is clearly out of control and reckless. Absolutely disgraceful the fans throwing stuff as Roethlisberger exited. Hope Brown is okay. I was rooting for the Bengals for most of the game but they deserved to lose. Only thing would have been better for Berfect not to have been down and his celebration cause a safety.

Did have a question on Shaziers hit on Bernard. I get that they said that wasn't a defenseless receiver issue, but wasn't that a helmet to helmet hit and worthy of a flag?

hikeNbike

I know it wasn't all the fans so not generalizing and there are bad fans of every team. Hope the fans that threw stuff on the field lose their right to buy tickets to future games.

gizzil

That may have been the last of the beautifully savage games we may ever get to see. It may have been the most entertaining of the year (in the 2nd half) Soon the Vontaze Burficts of the world will be extinct for good, and no, it isn't right or good to injure people or shorten peoples' careers or hurt people... But it is that part of football that is getting phased out of the game. Between all the rule changes and CTE studies and potential litigation and pressure the league faces, it is likely only a matter of time before the vicious playoff football sme of us know and love will alos become a thing of the past. It will get more acrobatic, the numbers will be insane, perhaps people stop getting hurt as much, but something truly visceral about watching (or being a part of) a game where dudes are savagely maiming one another and are the best at doing so. Burfct has ended LeVeon Bell's season twice. Put Roethlisberger down twice THIS YEAR. Including in this game. It was unreal. Nobody could stop him and his fierce determination and will was too great for 11 Steelers to do f all about it. The play he injures Big Ben, the rapist burger (allegedly), He is blocked by two dudes and Ben is scrambling away and he DOES NOT CARE. He is getting him. He makes a legal hit, puts him down in a critical moment, injures him, and snatches the ball away for fun. The running away with it was, odd, I will grant that, but he is clearly insane so there you go. (The hairless?) Shazier had some plays of his own and could tell he was feeding off of the brutality as well. Quite possibly his aggression and brain injuring crown leading hit on Bernard even put the pieces in place for that absurd Hill fumble after the further tenacity and sheer resolute of a crucial Burfict pick! I miss defense like this. I really do, and it was completely entertaining and enthralling the whole way through. We may never see as savage or complete a defensive game as that ever again. And there were killer offensive plays abound anyway (Bryant catch was siiiiiiiiiiiiiick). It was football, and I haven't been that entertained in some time. No, the fans weren't classy. No, many of those players weren't (AREN'T) either, hell, some are downright despicable violent cruel intentioned bastards. And it was still fun to watch despite the ugliness.

Last edited: