Chargers Turning To RBBC?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(KFFL) Running back by committee may be appearing in San Diego, as San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner is talking about using RBs Ryan Mathews and Mike Tolbert together this season. "I don't know if (Mathews) will be one of the leading rushers because I think the emergence of Tolbert gives us a chance to have a one-two punch. Tolbert gives us a nice changeup. Obviously he's a physical, hard-to-tackle, punishing runner and Ryan has great speed, so it's a good situation," Turner said. Turner went on to say that his current mindset is to use both runners this season. "I think if you have guys that are diverse, you can use two," he noted. Mathews didn't sound like he had a problem with the time share, saying the ability to have a one-two punch will really wear down defenses. "We can both take it to the house. That's going to be hard on defenses," Mathews noted. Tolbert also chipped in, saying that nobody on the team has a selfish attitude.

Coachnorm

It sounds like Mathews may end up being slightly inadequate in the role of one of your two starting RBs. As bye week backups Matherws would be a great one and Tolbert a very good one. You may have to be more flexible in your draft now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
It may be me. But I see Matthews taking the Sproles role, and tolbert getting more carries.

Remote Controller

I drafted Tolbert as a #3 Rb in the IBL and wish that matthews would play in this weeks preseason game. I don't wanted Tolbert taking all the abuse.