Can I get some Outlaw input?

Looking for some solid opinions on what wr to place a bid on in my bigger money league. We only draft 3 per team so there are decent options available. I was smokin some of that 85 bowl with ER, and took him for my wr3.

Robert Meacham Devery Henderson Jordy Nelson Early Doucet Deion Branch Plaxico Burress

I am going to bid on Nelson, but if I also need to place a 2nd bid in case someone Steinbrenner's me. Who is the best option in your opinion?

This league is ppr and my other wrs are Andre Johnson and Tampa Mike Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Robert Meachem. More talented than Henderson, whose value goes up with Colston out too. Quite frankly I think it's too early to tell with Doucet (no pun intended).

I feel Meachem will see a lot of looks and when you have a guy like Brees doing the gun slinging, a lot of looks in a PPR league = fantasy gold.

#1bears fan

If those guys are available Burelson should be too I think you can get him for less and I would start him NOW over any of the above. If hes not Meachem will give you the most immediate impact.

#1bears fan

between welker gronk hernandez ocho branch the only one I think is worse than branch is ocho and that will change, way too much talent starting to look like New orleans Id rather have a WR I Know is going to be targeted.

jjtweeks

Branch or Plaxico.
Branch is more of a sure thing but Plaxico has a much bigger upside but also more risk. If you feel your team is doing Ok now I would defintely take plaxico. If Plaxico had a better QB throwing to him this year he would be a top 5 reciever, but thats just me.

Fire

in the hole
Meachem, Nelson, Branch.

Meachem has the best potential as a breakout WR with Colstons' injury history and Moores' early problems.

Nelson will get his steady points, but must share with many others.

Branch looks to be steady also, but if 85 starts to understand the Pats' system, Branch could become the last in targets on that team.

So, for breakout potential I like Meacham. For steady points every week I like Nelson. Really depends on which you are looking for.

Fire

in the hole
After reading your initial post again, I see you already have 85. Branch could be a type of WR handcuff that you could start until 85 starts becoming more involved in the offense, though I still stand by my previous post.

Fire

in the hole
More info for you:

Patriots coaches have "turned up the heat" on Chad Ochocinco to pick up the offense faster.
Ochocinco's role -- or lack thereof -- has been thrust into the national spotlight thanks to Tedy Bruschi's inflammatory comments. Now everyone knows that Ocho is the fifth option in the passing game because he isn't grasping the Patriots' scheme. We're not expecting Ocho to be viable in fantasy anytime soon.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
In a PPR, it has to be Plax. The Saints' boys, Branch and Nelson all are in high-octane offenses but have distribution issues, as a few guys have already noted. (Plus Lance Moore is returning soon) Plax is the best bet to score each week, and give you >5 catches. I'm not at all confident that the Jets can run the ball at will like they have in past years, and once Plax gets more comfy with Sanchez and shakes rust off, he's your man in this format. If you want to guess which weeks Devery gives you 6-100-1 and which weeks he gives you 2-28-0, have at it.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
The best Saints WR this year is actually Jimmy Graham, followed by Sproles. Too bad neither are eligible at that position.

Fire

in the hole
Good stuff here about Nelson:

Beat writer Tom Silverstein confirms that Jordy Nelson has "firmly grabbed hold of" the Packers' No. 3 receiver position.
Silverstein points out that Nelson actually leads the Packers in receptions since the beginning of last year's playoffs. With so many weapons to choose from, Aaron Rodgers allows the coverage to dictate his passing. It's great for Nelson, who has been consistently open on both deep and mid-range routes against single coverage. This is further confirmation that Nelson is a legit breakout candidate this season as a reliable WR3.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Just keep in mind that the #3 Wr position = the #4 target. I'm assuming they're referring to Driver as the #2 WR behind Jennings, but Finley comes first in the pecking order before Jordy, unlike last regular season and playoffs.