Bucs QB Battle

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Johnson's no slouch, at any rate. He was a guy that stood out when I was researching the draft that year. He put up some ridiculously efficient numbers at San Diego (D-1AA, but still), and that talent level is hard to teach. So he does at least have some pedigree.
And to say he's the most mobile of the 4 would be a tremendous understatement.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Johnson's no slouch, at any rate. He was a guy that stood out when I was researching the draft that year. He put up some ridiculously efficient numbers at San Diego (D-1AA, but still), and that talent level is hard to teach. So he does at least have some pedigree.
And to say he's the most mobile of the 4 would be a tremendous understatement.

I kind of thought that he was going to be Gruden's pet project, much like Cadillac was. My problem has always been that the Bucs don't breed franchise offensive players, with the exception of Mike Alstott. That's probably because we've always had defensive minded coaches, so a constant rotation of offensive talent was enough to get by. Until Gruden came along. I remember talk of Johnson being the franchise qb we needed and I wrote it off because I had heard it all before. After watching him, I'm starting to believe it, but he needs to be given the chance.

Apparently he was running 11 on 11 drills with first team offense and defense on tuesday, so I really hope to hear how he did, and maybe see it at the next camp we go to.

Coachnorm

Sound Like Johnson may not get a fair shake:

Katrina Haumschild and Scott Reynolds, of PewterReport.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Josh Johnson could be the odd man out as he has been getting fourth-string reps in practice and head coach Raheem Morris said the team would likely only keep three quarterbacks. QB Luke McCown and QB Byron Leftwich are competing for the starting job and QB Josh Freeman was the team's first-round pick this year.

Oh well, if he gets dropped, he can always go to the Panthers and be Delhommes' backup. :grin:

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Now we're cooking with gas... let's give our most promising, developmental QB to a division rival. Now I remember what it's like to be home... frustrating! Not saying that Johnson will go for sure, but it is true that he was getting the short end of the stick on reps during practice.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
At least there wasn't some lunatic in the stands yelling "JOSH!" every time he took a snap..

Or was there?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
All the more reason for them to make the mistake. Id hate to think they throw a guy away just because they "didnt pick him".

One mans trash is anothers treasure. Maybe Johnson can roll to Denver and take the reins.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
43 yard run for a TD! He can read.... he can throw.... AND HE CAN RUN!

YAY Josh Johnson!!

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Didn't you hear? The Bucs are going to play by different scoring rules this year:

6 points for interceptions
1 point for touchdowns

Don't worry gang... we're gonna rack up the points now! LOL

Gee Whiz!